Bills Report Little Progress On Rookie RB C.J. Spiller's Contract

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by MediaGuy, Aug 3, 2010.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix isn't getting too impatient with the inability to negotiate a contract with rookie running back C.J. Spiller. That might change if talks aren't resolved soon. "All I can tell you at this point is that we're all still working on it," Nix told a group of reporters after practice Tuesday. "And probably in a couple of days, if he don't (sign), I will have something to say." Asked if it was too early to make a public announcement about negotiations, Nix said: "Well, it's not too early. It might be late even." Drafted ninth overall out of Clemson, Spiller is one of three first-round picks who have yet to sign with their respective NFL teams. He's missed eight practices since the Bills opened training camp Thursday, which marks a considerable setback to the new offense first-year head coach Chan Gailey is installing. Spiller's agent, Gary Wichard, has not returned messages left by The Associated Press.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Good job Bills... like it's not going to be hard enough already.

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

4. SoDev

Damn, that's depressing.

5. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Depressing is the fact that I took him over Ryan Mathews on a keeper league. :icon_sad: I'm regretting that choice already.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

clearly when you saw his face when he got drafted he didnt want to be in buffalo. at least he was a better pick than maybin

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

again, just like with Suh and these remaining 1st round picks .................... why are they not signed? these contracts just fall in line depending on your draft position .............. it's not rocket surgery .........

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

HEY!! You don't know what the Bills are thinking, I trust them, those guys are as smart as rocks.

9. SoDev

Hmm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Ha RIIC dude.

11. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

I never liked that pick for Buffalo to begin with. Ya you got a super quick flashy rb/kr/pr but with all those players still on the board?

12. CaptainStubing

i agree. i questioned that pick also. they have so many other needs.

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

no one thought this was a good pick lol...it was a terrible one

14. CaptainStubing

actually, immediately after the draft, many of the draft 'experts' in the media loved the pick ..................... laughable ..............

15. wide right

16. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Ya theres no doubt about him being a great rb and returner but lynch, and jackson, parrish...seems like those pieces are in place. OMG BTW BRETT FARVE WAS WEARING A BLUE SHIRT TODAY!!!!

17. wide right

Agreed 100%. There were far greater areas of need and now this little pr**k is the 2nd to last pick to sign. Only in Buffalo....

18. CaptainStubing

well, i think most of us thought that they were just planning on trading Lynch and having a Jackson/Spiller backfield, which would have been fine, yet here we are in training camp with all 3 of them splitting carries (once Spiller signs) .............. it just makes no sense.

It would be like the Patriots trading up to the #1 pick and taking Sam Bradford in this draft when they already have Tom Brady. There are only so many touches to go around.

19. sgfbill

sgfbill Rookie

come on ralph get the deal done asap.its bad enough were looking like a jv.team give the fans something.