Bob Bratkowski Says Jaguars' Passing Game 'Not Very Good'

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Aug 6, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Faint Praise Express rolled in Jacksonville on Monday. Jaguars offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski served as the conductor, doling out a lukewarm assessment of new wide receiver Laurent Robinson. "I think Laurent has been a fairly consistent player," Bratkowski said, a statement unlikely to appear in any Inspirational Quotes book series. "It's a work in progress. He's learning a new offense. I think he's been a good addition." Robinson isn't the only problem in the Jaguars' passing offense. First-round draft pick Justin Blackmon finally agreed to a contract Monday, and has already missed vital practice time. Bratkowski praised the progress of Blaine Gabbert, but said the second-year quarterback needs help. "That passing game right now is not very good," he said. "It starts with the protection, the drops, running the routes improperly. I know when you stand on the sidelines and look at it a lot of times it looks like it's a quarterback, but I'll be honest with you many cases the quarterback is getting fooled or he's under pressure and having to make decisions faster than you would want him to make."

Source: NFL.com