Brad Childress Agrees To Terms With Browns For The Offensive Coordinator Job

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Former Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress has agreed to terms with the Cleveland Browns to become the team's offensive coordinator, a league source said Friday. Childress is the first Browns offensive coordinator under head coach Pat Shurmur. Shurmur ran the offense himself during his first season as the team's head coach, but he acknowledge after the season the need to beef up his staff and find someone to help with game planning. Shurmur said he was open to the idea of having his offensive coordinator call plays if the right coach was hired. The Plain Dealer reported earlier Friday that Childress had emerged as the Browns top candidate after Mike Sherman took the same position with the Miami Dolphins.

Source: NFL Network

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I am unsure of how Browns fans should feel about this one.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

At first glance, I love it and compare it to bringing on Jauron last year, which has worked out great so far. He's experienced and has the organizational ties to fit into what the Browns are trying to do. Say all you want about him freaking up in Minny but this will be far from the job he failed at there.

4. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I love it. He earned the job in Minnesota by being a pretty good OC in the same type of offense the Browns are trying to run. Shurmur doing both was a disaster. If only they could get Seely back to coach ST, they'd be in good shape.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good OC. Crapty HC.

6. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

Good hire for the Browns. He is better suited as a coordinator than as a Head Coach.