Brady Quinn Throws 51 Yard TD Pass In First Play

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by cpgobrowns, Aug 9, 2009.

1. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Looking to take the lead in the quarterback competition, Brady Quinn threw a 51-yard touchdown pass on his first play in the Cleveland Browns scrimmage.

Quinn made a play-action fake, then threw a long arcing pass to Lance Leggett, who beat two defenders to run under the ball a couple of steps into the end zone at Cleveland Browns Stadium on Sunday.

Anderson's brown team defeated Quinn's white team, 17-14.

Quinn throws 51-yard TD on first play of Browns scrimmage

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Interesting...

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

His greatest NFL accomplishment to date.

4. cpgobrowns

Apparently DA had the same old problems throwing the short ball. The NFL.com blog said Theo Ratliff outplayed DA. It's just a scrimmage, but if Quinn keeps showing he can throw the deep ball, I don't see any way he doesn't win this job.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Hope he has a good season i like brady quinn.

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

i love Brady Quinn like OMG hes such a hottie!

7. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

The excitement should probably be tempered when one considers it was against the Browns defense... in practice mode... with Rob Ryan coaching... just sayin'

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The king of dink and dunk makes ONE lucky long bomb all camp and that's what you focus on? It's really misleading. The score of the scrimmage clearly backs up what I have been saying for 2 years DA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BQ

Also from the same article...
    Now take BQ's 121 yrds and subtract the 51 from 1 play and see what ya get.

9. cpgobrowns

Headline came from NFL.com, not me. I just took the first 3 sentences and pasted them. Supposedly, the dink and dunk from last year was a factor of Quinn not being comfortable with the offense and cfreaking down too early. Anyway, I'd take dink and dunk over a rocket arm throwing behind receivers on the slant and at the feet of RB's out of the backfield, or worse right at MLB's. So as I said, it was just a scrimmage (non tackle even), but, IF Quinn keeps showing he can throw a deep ball, the job is probably his. We'll hopefully learn a little more Saturday.

10. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Quinn is a better QB and a 1st round draft pick who deserves and will get his shot this year

11. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Yawn. Like it really matters.

12. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

Quinn is a bust.

13. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

How is Quinn a bust when he hasn't been given a chance t start...lol. Quinn will be fine in the NFL, although he certainly could use some weapons.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

lol at this bump

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

this.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah, I'm reconsidering the sig request...

Not sure if this guy is a troll or not yet...

17. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

lol...really old thread, no real post content

18. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

They should just name a starter already. Looks like Quinn's earned it; just give him the job already.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Lol AGAIN at this bump

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

What's wrong phigles?

You don't like Brady Quinn?

:icon_twisted: