Brandon Marshall Says Goodbye To Teammates, Fans

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Jun 17, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Brandon Marshall is saying his good-byes to the Denver Broncos and their fans even as coach Josh McDaniels talks about seeing his holdout Pro Bowl receiver at training camp next month. Marshall posted a farewell on his blog Tuesday, four days after requesting a trade during a private meeting with team owner Pat Bowlen. In a posting on his blog Tuesday that was titled "Clearing the Air," Marshall wrote: "Life is filled with change, and where I am in my life now change is probably best. It's hard leaving an organization ran (sic) by one of the best owners in all of sports, and someone who's been there for me through my ups and downs. The hardest thing was hearing Mr. B wish me luck in the future, but we both came to the conclusion that this is probably the best thing for me to grow on and off the field," Marshall continued. "I thank the Denver fans who embraced my emotion and play on the field and (for) showing me love every time I step outside my door."

Source: Associated Press

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

From the article the writer states, "Marshall has far outplayed the four-year deal he signed as a fourth-round draft pick in 2006." Is there an "Outplay the contract" clause in contracts these days that allows players to hold an organization hostage? Seems to me he lived up to his contract of playing to the best of his ability for the team. If this nut case wants more money, have a performance addendum added to the contract moving forward. The Donks continue to implode.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that out play your current contract clauce is called the training camp holdout.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Awesome...

I find it hard to believe that Bowlen just agreed to trade Marshall at Brandon's request as easily as that...who knows...

This team has gone in the crapter real quick...

5. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, I was shocked to hear Bowlen would agree to trade Marshall that easily. It might be a snitch actually trading him. I'm wondering what teams are willing to give up for Marshall.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

You got to figure it's going to be a whole hell of a lot less than what teams were willing to give up for Boldin. I'm very surprised that 19 stories about Marshall to the Eagles haven't popped up already...

7. DaBearsrule4ever

No Marshall to the Redskins stories yet? LOL

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Most entertaining off-season ever! :popcorn:

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, especially in Denver, lol.

10. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Especially in the AFC West.

11. Stillelman

Stillelman Mommy told me I'm special

Entertaining is not the word I would use for life as a Denver fan. Life is full of drama, and now I have it with the sacred grounds of my football team. You say entertainment, I say pain in my freaking butt.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

McMoron took a team with a great offense, and a pathetic defense. What did he do? Destroy de offense, and not moving a single finger to improve the defense.

I'd be surprised if the Broncos win more than 2 games in 2009. Bellichick's coaching tree is overrated: Crennel: FAIL. Wise: FAIL. McDaniels: about to FAIL.

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I guess they think dawkins is a big improvement. Its gonna be weird seeing him in anything but a eagles jersey.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So he could hold out until August?

15. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Come on Ozzie Newsome - time to pull the trigger.

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Alot of teams arent gonna touch Marshall This is how Brian Broddus, who was a Cowboy scout when marshal was in the draft pool described him

"He has incredible talent but is absolutely certifiably crazy. He has some real issues that we don't want anything to do with."

And this is the team that took a flier on Pac Man.....

17. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Agreed, what nobody seems to care about is Marshall is a basket case and cant stay on the field...depending what Denver gets for Marshall this may not be nearly as bad as everyone is making it ot to be. And I know nobody agrees but I also think that Cutler is a head case, and although has tremendous upside, throws alot of bad picks on his side of the field.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, it may not be entertaining to you but to any other fan of another team, it's entertaining.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mangini: FAIL

Al Groh: FAIL

20. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

Let me say as a Rams fan with average at best wideouts I would not want this guy. The Cowboys had it right when they said this dude is freaking nuts, in nicer words of course. He can be lights out on the field, but with his personal issues who knows how long Goodell is gonna let him play on the field.

As far as Denver going down the toilet, yes it is funny to everyone not a Broncos fan. God knows as a Rams fan we can use as many bad teams in the league as possible to make us look a little better.

And one last thing. Thank God we signed Spags and not this douchebag named McDaniels. I remember when he was said to be a top 3 choice after Spags and Ryan.