Braves Acquire Javier Vazquez

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

ATLANTA -- Javier Vazquez is coming to Atlanta, and as long as everything goes well with his physical, he'll serve as the first piece to the Braves' rotation-reconstruction process. The Braves and White Sox are finalizing a six-player trade that would bring right-hander Vazquez and left-handed reliever Boone Logan to Atlanta.

Source MLB.com

I would've taken a 12 pack of Pepsi for him.

Good riddance butt clown.

2. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Yep, because all those strikeouts and innings grow on trees. That said, I think the White Sox got the better of this deal and I don't believe Vazquez is anything more than a back of the rotation starter. A very formidable back of the rotation starter, but a back of the rotation starter nonetheless. Back of the rotation starter (for good measure :icon_mrgreen: ).

Two of those guys (Lillibridge and Flowers) were rumored to be involved in the Peavy deal, so to end up with Vazquez for them is a pretty big downgrade. Both are blocked by very good, young players on the team right now (Escobar and McCann), but you still think they could have gotten more for them. At least they managed to hold on to Reyes (as crapty as he was last season, the kid has pretty good potential and good value).

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ozzie was right when he said Javy is not a big game pitcher. He's not a bad pitcher to have if you need someone to get ya a strikeout or two but the Braves afraid of the big innings that he'll give up because you never know when that will happen during the course of a game.

4. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Yep.
    Back of the rotation starter.
    I agree.
    haha

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Vazquez wow omg! Incredible move. Right linz?

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Braves got screwed on this one.

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

bad move right here by the Braves. this is the kinds of moves that is why this teams suck

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

not real happy about this

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Braves can have him too.

10. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

The Braves are making a strong effort on AJ Burnett as well.