BREAKING NEWS: Vinny Cerrato Resigns

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by HailttRedskins, Dec 17, 2009.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Link: Vinny Cerrato Resigns, Redskins Fans Celebrate | Bleacher Report

I wont deny that his recent draft picks (Thomas, Kelly Davis, etc) I was impressed with, but the man has caused to many freaking problems. Hopefully now we get a legit GM and with Snyders money start getting back to Redskins football.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!

Christmas came early!

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

just beat the Giants, please... i'm begging you.

3. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 person likes this.
  4. HailttRedskins

Bruce Allen named the new VP, he's the ex GM of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, George Allens son (ex Redskins Hall of Fame coach).

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

in general, the redskins drafting has been 'ok' under cerrato. they did draft taylor, landry, and orakpo. some teams can't even claim that many successes in recent drafts.

in addition, they have recruited a ton of free agents to their team.

his downfalls are obviously selecting good head coaches and overpaying for certain free agents.

i think cerrato may be better suited as the Director of Player Personnel with some team versus GM or VP of football ops. He's not good with contracts or selecting coaches.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

There is like a 6 year gap between those players, and Taylor wasnt as great as people rememeber him to be

7. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Jon Gruden?

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Congrats Redskins fans. Although it may not make much difference if Snyder can't keep his face out of things.

You just listed the 5th, 6th, and 13th overall picks in the draft. Anyone could nail a few picks at those positions. Good GM's make their mark in the later rounds.

The overpaid a ton of free agents, impressive.

There are so many bonehead moves (taylor, duckett, Lloyd to name a few recent ones). They throw away picks like it's candy.

In Cerrato's defense, he was basically Snyder's puppet.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

The free ride for the Eagles, Giantss and boys has finally come to an end.

Congrats Skins fans...

10. HailttRedskins

I don't see it happening, he just signed a multi-year contract with ESPN, not saying Snyder doesn't have the money to bring him back to football, but I don't see it happening. Anything is possible though.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

damn, so no more randle-el, archuletta signings ?

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ill give him a pass on Jason Taylor. It was a smart move, but one that just didnt work out. A feared pass rusher for that defense would have made a solid defense scary. Its unfortunate for them, and fortunate for us that they got Orkapo too late

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Ahhhhh, the one time contractually Greatest Safety in NFL History

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i disagree. there are PLENTY of teams that consistently pick that high and heck it up every time.

i think cerrato would be an 'ok' addition in someone's scouting or player personnel department. he's not completely worthless like a lot of the personnel/scouts/executives in this league.

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Free ride... please. Especially coming from a Steeler fan. Must be nice playing the Browns and Bengals 4 times every year.

Yea, I'd give him a pass on Taylor too, but it's just another in a long list of f-ups.

15. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

wow. finally. good news for them.

16. HailttRedskins

Jason Taylor I really don't blame on Snyder or Cerrato, but rather Greg Blache. The man played Jason Taylor on the opposite side of the field, the side he hadn't played in for 11 years.

He tried to reinvent the wheel and it didn't happen. Blache is a big moron, has so much talent defensively yet still hecks up. It amazes me that were still a top 10 D.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...free ride...lol...2 winning seasons since Cerrato was in charge. Free-ride.

Jason Campbell's gotta be hating life right now too...

18. HailttRedskins

If we get rid of Campbell, I will have lost all hope with this franchise.

19. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I really don't blame you. I dislike how much criticism he gets. He is a decent, if not good, Quarterback in a messy situation.

20. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

This news has given hope to an entire fanbase. The quick hire of Bruce Allen (no matter if he's good or bad) still makes fans happy as their is an official GM in the organization. Structurally, it appears they're starting to fix the problems. If Danny is still involved in making anymore football decisions, then the changes aren't significant enough.