Brett Favre Is Surprised Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Didn't Win A Super Bowl Sooner

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

While granting a radio interview on Atlanta's 790 The Zone, Favre was asked if he was surprised that Rodgers had already won a Super Bowl -- which matches the number Favre won in his 16-year tenure with the Pack -- even though this is only Rodgers' fourth year as the starting quarterback. "I'm going to be honest, I was not surprised," answered Favre. "The biggest surprise to me would be that he didn't do it sooner. "My last year in Green Bay, prior to the first game, I made the remark that this was probably the most talented team that I've ever played on. And of course everyone looked up and was like, 'this guy's off his rocker.' We were very, very young; take me out of the mix and we were by far the youngest team in the league. But I could see the talent pool across the board was outstanding. Now our season kind of ended up being a reflection of that." The Packers went 13-3 that year (2007), thanks largely to inspired play by Favre, and won the NFC North. They ultimately advanced to the NFC Championship Game and lost to the Giants after Favre's fateful overtime INT, his final pass as a Packer as it turned out, set up New York's game-winning FG. "We came close, and I think we took a lot of people by surprise," Favre continued. "But guys emerged rather quickly. Aaron had a chance ... even though the last couple years it's seemed like he's almost a rookie, he's been around awhile. And I'd like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability -- which is obviously very good or they wouldn't have drafted him in the first round." Favre talked more about Rodgers in the interview, but walked a fine line between praising him and saying he's the beneficiary of the star players around him.

Source: USAToday

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

backhanded compliment...butthole

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

What a rod. Just stay in Mississippi get hooked on pain killers and die already.

4. Farve is a butt clown

5. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

God, I'm so f*cking tired of his f*cking drama. If he hadn't sent around those c**k snapshots to everyone, I'd swear he had a vag**a.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

If you had left 2 years ealier, he might had.....

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Read the whole article, he really praised Rodgers the whole time. Media really took this and made him look like an butthole when it was all compliments.