Broncos Looking To Trade Up For USC QB Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Apr 6, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Even if the Vikings had offered two first-round draft picks as the Bears did for Jay Cutler, plus players, it wouldn't have been enough to compete with Chicago's offer for the Broncos' quarterback. Denver is expected to use the picks to move up in the April 25 draft to choose Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez, who is expected to replace stopgap Kyle Orton late in the season or in 2010.

Source: Pioneer Press

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

So here you are. Mark Sanchez is better than Jay Cutler...

3. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

You can have #3 for your two first rounders.

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

it seems like there are all these rumors around the Broncos and Quarterbacks. BUt I do believe most of them cause they are in need of one right now

5. MonkeyCoR

MonkeyCoR Bleed Blue and Orange

Ohhh god. How can my spring get any worse? Hey lets trade marshall then trade up for crabtree next....

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I don't buy it, those to picks are way too steep for Sanchez. Denver will go with Orton or Simms to start, they have way too many holes to fill. This is a big fat rumor IMO.

7. fcspikeit

fcspikeit Starter

If the do this they will have gained nothing from this trade.. If they were able to use only the picks they got for Cutler to get sanchez that would be basically an even swap for Cutler and Sanchez.. This would be dumb considering Cutler is a proven guy.

If they have to use their 12, they will be giving up more for Sanchez then they got for Cutler.. How dumb is that? If QB was that important to McDaniels, why didn't he make it work with Cutler?

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I'm pretty sure he did, but it was so hecked up, it couldn't be repaired, so they were only left with one course of action, now they have to try and work with what they can

9. fcspikeit

fcspikeit Starter

I don't doubt he tried to make it work, but the biggest problem from the beginning was the fact he seemed to under value Cutler. He wasn't willing to come right out and say, you will not be traded..

He treated the situation as if it was just another player. Kind of like, you need us as much as we need you, so lets meet in the middle... That's nice in theory but the simple fact was that wasn't the case and Cutler knew it. There was a lot of teams wanting what Cutler had to offer.. How many Probowl QB's are lining up for the chance to be the Broncos signal caller?

In the end, Cutler ended up on a better all around team.. The Broncos are now considering using high draft picks on an unproven player.

The tell tell is who has a better chance of winning more games next year, McDaniels or Cutler?

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i thought everyone had already annointed Orton as the new starter in Denver? Why the continued QB rumors?

11. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

He did, but by then it was too late

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

They're still trying to continue with the damage control.

IMO, it's a mistake for them to move up in the NFL Draft to get Sanchez. As I've said before, he's no better than a third or fourth-round draft choice. I don't care what all the mock drafts say.

13. fcspikeit

fcspikeit Starter

Even when he was saying Cutler is our guy, when asked about next year he said we don't know the future.. Cutler said he was going to come to camp, he wasn't running the Organization in the ground or anything.. The Broncos didn't have to trade him.

McDaniels would rather have an Orton hanging on his every word then a Cutler who had already shown he would question him. Now the Broncos have a big ? mark at QB.. Even if they draft a guy, it will be 2 or 3 years before that ? can be answered..

IMO if he doesn't get/pick the right guy it will be to late for him to start over again.

Shanahan got 3 years after the AFCCG and went 24-24.. He was a proven winner and was still fired.. If 3 years from now McDaniels isn't better then 24-24. He better be fired as well.

14. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i will give you the number seven pick for the two first rounders

15. fcspikeit

fcspikeit Starter

I'd go with the 12th and 3rd or the 18th and extra 1st next year for the 7th, then take BJ raji instead of Sanchez.. :icon_biggrin:

I know the points wouldn't match up but the Broncos need both 1st's to try and fix the defense. With 12 and 18 they should be able to get a good start..

I think they will use the picks to make a play for Peppers..