Broncos Release Running Back J.J. Arrington

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by MediaGuy, May 27, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The Broncos today released running back J.J. Arrington after Arrington failed his physical. Arrington, who signed with the team as a free agent from Arizona in March, had knee surgery after the Super Bowl and had been unable to participate so far in the Broncos' organized team activities. Arrington was one of three free-agent tailbacks signed by the Broncos, and the team also drafted running back Knowshon Moreno with its top pick in the draft.

Source: Denver Post

2. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

This is the backup the Rams need instead of Deuce

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

jeez that was quick.

4. bergybones

Ontop of my last homer post, let me also say that McDaniels is quickly turning a respected organization into a laughing stock. At least there is still the Raiders FO out there to make McDaniels look like he isnt completely incompitent. No idea how to spell that word and eye hurts to bad to be googling every spelling error I make

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Quickly turning? It's been turned bro...

6. bergybones

Well I wont say it has been turned to the darkside until I see at least 1 game. After they get beat 70-7 first week then I will say to all of the world, meaning gridiron of course, how right Ward was

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_lol:

I hate McDaniels...

8. bergybones

Well even though your a Steelers fan you can see bad talent when you see it

9. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

I hate homers who think Mcdaniels is better than the Raiders FO
    Even that one Bronco fan thinks the Raiders FO is better than McDaniels

10. bergybones

No offense Russian, but I think the only homer on this thread is you. The Raiders FO is the biggest joke in the league. Sorry man this coming from a Rams fan who until this year came in a close 2nd.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He had a bum knee?

Damn, wish they would have kept him.

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

-
    Is this a debate on who's worse, the Raiders FO or Josh McDaniels?[​IMG]

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm confused. wouldn't they have given him a physical BEFORE signing him? why was he just NOW getting a physical?

14. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

it's just an excuse to cut him for less cap hit.

15. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

...lol Ward you hate anyone associated with New England...but you're team is a big rival, and it's understandable...I hate the Steelers too

16. Raider4Life

Raider4Life Rookie

I think the Chiefs FO belongs right there with the McDaniels. They traded for Vrabel who's not even attending OTAs. Plus not to mention to mention taking Tyson Jackson with the 3rd overall pick. Now the Chiefs have $45 plus million in guarantee money to 2 DL men, one of which will be playing out of position (Dorsey). They traded their best offensive player (Gonzo) and their 2nd best offensive player in LJ is unhappy. Not to mention their best OL and one of the great Chiefs of all time who is a true team leader wants out.

17. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

The Chiefs got Vrable with Cassel for a 2nd round pick, how is that a bad move by the Chiefs front office?...and I guess we'll see if Pioli being a great draft guy is true, or if it was all Bill Bellichick...but that's too early to tell

18. Raider4Life

Raider4Life Rookie

I agree getting starting a QB for a 2nd round is great value. But Vrabel is suppose to be a team leader. Wouldn't you agree if you traded for a veteran for leadership you would want him to attend all off season workouts.

I don't think it was Pioli was drafting it was BB who had the final say. Plus it was their draft picks that made them a great team. It was BB who is the one of the best HC of all time and his system that one all those Super Bowls. As long as BB is there, they will be a great team who does great job of developing players.

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I see your point.:icon_scratch:

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think that Arrington is necessarily "bad talent." I think the Broncos jumped on him a little too early, realized the mistake and that's why you saw them draft Moreno in the draft instead of the defensive help they needed. When healthy, Arrington is a very serviceable back on the NFL level. Devmver either didn't give him an initial physical or botched it.

Arrington should be able to find a spot on an NFL roster after he gets his surgery and is deemed healthy...