Broncos will stay grounded

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by TDJets72027, Jul 14, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Over the past dozen seasons of Denver Broncos franchise history, there have pretty much been two constants: Coach Mike Shanahan, and a running offense that never dropped out of the top 12 in the league's statistical rankings. In fact, not once during Shanahan's tenure in the Rocky Mountains has the Denver rushing game ever ranked statistically below the club's passing attack.

Source: ESPN

2. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Makes sense to play to your strengths

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

and that strength is getting away with chop blocks

4. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Yea i can't argue with that :icon_biggrin:

5. happ

happ PECAVI

Their scheme also makes a QB's life miserable. The RBs benefit from it greatly, but their undersized linemen are outmuscled by the better DEs and DTs consistently, and leads to a lot of jailbreaks. That also plays into the "rushing game never ranked statistically below the club's passing attack" statistic.

6. nastynate184

true that as well i am looking foraward to watching cutler get killed back there

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Ok, so I can cross Cutler off my eventual fantasy sleepers list. :icon_razz:

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I want to see that too!

9. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I guess I did get the thrill of watching your boy going down last year...

10. showoff

showoff showoff

the broncos are not the only team that do chop blocks they just execute it well. there offensive line isn't as small as it was in years past. i just can't wait for Cutler to throw long td passes on the raiders, chiefs, and chargers.:icon_biggrin:

11. unc69it

unc69it Starter

:icon_acool: showoff i have to agree with you about broncos. cutler is like elway in alot of ways big arm, can scramble if needed and can sit tight in the pocket .look at elway danreeves was one of the reasons for so many years he didnt do so well. as a very long time broncos fan i can honestly say no one will succeed in denver as the qb as long as the fans dont let elway go and move on to the qb of the future. also we went out made some great picups and trades, dre bly, daniel graham, travis henry, adams and kennedy not to mention a host of others. i see us as bieng one of the best this year at going out and filling holes that we needed to feel. so i say cheers to the broncos and " Live and Die Orange and Blue "

12. nastynate184

and i can't wait to see cutler bomb it back there and for
    Nnamdi Asomugha to pick them off, and take them back.

13. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

No, Denver running the ball??? Maybe if it said.... "Shanahan testing new Alzheimer's drug says team will set new NFL record passing mark"... it would have been more interesting.

14. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

I doubt it, big time :)
    Ok, it may happen once or twice, heck, the guy is young, but give him a couple of years and he will lose so many Super Bowls! (Ok, we don't want him to be THAT similar to Elway :lol: )
    My point is, Cutler has the mobility to avoid the excess of pass rush delivered by the small O-line. The Griese days are over, you won't see SO many passes picked (and players injured).

15. denverobsession

denverobsession Starter

No offense, but the picks I'm anticipating are coming from the best darn secondary in the NFL. Welcome to The Champ and Bly Show. :icon_cheesygrin:

As for the ground game... Yeah, it's not going to be a surprise -- Denver will run the ball... and well.

I don't think it's a matter of whether the Broncos will be devoted to the run or not, I think the question is: Will Travis Henry have more than 1500 yards this season?

16. nastynate184

no offense taken you are right. you guys do now have the best cd tandum in the league

17. Wolv

Wolv Go Packers

You should see the freaking Bronco board. There all predicting 14-2 seasons amd got pissed when i told them they would go 9-7. There a bunch of snitches who changed there board that now makes my, and everyone elses eyes bleed. There the stupidest board out there and make me sick with all the crap they are saying. And if any of you are here from .com fix your board and wake up asswipes your not going 14-2 :icon_evil:

18. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

Note taken and dismissed... thanks for playing.

19. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

14-2 is a tad too ambitious, yes, but hey, we did get 13-3 back at '05.

I, as much of a homer as I can be, have never been comfortable predicting things like that (Mexico's soccer team has taught me that the hard way), although I do HOPE for a 12-4, maybe second seed...

20. Wolv

Wolv Go Packers

Are any of you guys on the .com board? Its really pathetic.