Browns CEO Joe Banner Reprimands Bernie Kosar For Unprofessional Remarks About Rams

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Aug 11, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Browns CEO Joe Banner has reprimanded former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar for his "personal and unprofessional approach'' during the broadcast of the preseason game against the Rams Thursday night, but he is keeping Kosar on the remaining three preseason games.

The Browns have also reached out to the Rams, and Kosar has called Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who took umbrage with his Kosar's harsh commentary.

Banner issued the following statement:

“We don't condone the personal and unprofessional approach that Bernie took with some of his comments during the broadcast Thursday night. We’ve spoken to Bernie, he understands that, and we would expect the situation is resolved moving forward. We’ve also reached out to the Rams organization and have shared those same sentiments."

Kosar, who ripped the Rams receivers, third-string quarterback Kellen Clemens and receivers coach Ray Sherman, will be back in the booth with Jim Donovan Thursday night for the second preseason game against the Lions at FirstEnergy Stadium.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Re: Browns CEO Joe Banner Reprimands Bernie Kosar For Unprofessional Remarks About Ra

Unless you're a Rams fan, this is kinda funny. A biased broadcaster ripping the other guys is actually refreshing.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Re: Browns CEO Joe Banner Reprimands Bernie Kosar For Unprofessional Remarks About Ra

^^This^^

Funny that a bit of snitching from Fisher got 'em going.

[​IMG]

4. markaz

^^^:rollinglaugh:

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

Hey bernie ... Dont heck with banner. This is the same guy that fired a handicapped guy for complaining about the eagles letting dawkins leave.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Hey, if you're gonna fire a non-handicapped guy for doing the same thing, you better follow suit or it's discrimination

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

sounds like total bullcrap to me. wtf did he say anywho?

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Here were a few of his quotes:

"It's obvious that Bradford f_cks his mother".

"I bet Jake Long takes it in the _ss".

"Fisher often has c_m on his stache from a like-minded gentleman."

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

so,i guess they all came out and denied it,did'nt they?:icon_cheesygrin:
    i heard kosar said he wanted to bunghole the ball boy too!:icon_twisted:

10. markaz

:rollinglaugh:

11. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

I think Kosar professed his love for Bradford. Was so quick to hate on the WR's. He must really want Sam to himself...