Browns Could Trade Back In The First Round To Draft Colt McCoy?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 13, 2010.

1. The Browns continue to scrutinize all of the big-name quarterbacks in the draft, with Texas QB Colt McCoy coming in for an interview and they've also spent extra time on Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, Florida's Tim Tebow and Cincinnati's Tony Pike. McCoy, widely regarded as the third-best quarterback in the draft behind Bradford and Clausen, is projected by some as a second-rounder, but might not last that long. The Browns would probably either have to trade back in the first round or up from the second to acquire him.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
  2. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I would laugh so much wee would come out, only a little bit though

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I think it's more likely we trade into the first for Odrick than McCoy. Maybe take him in the second, but I DO NOT feel good about trading up to get him.

4. hans

hans Rookie

I think it would be a big mistake to get McCoy. We have so many other needs and we have 2 Qb's that can make a difference for at least the next couple of years.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, they can make a difference in the other teams favor. Have you seen Delhomme play the last couple years?

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i would think they trade back in the first for odrick and trade into the first for mccoy

7. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

Just to let you know I think Dallas would be willing to trade with you unless that brings back too many bad memories.

8. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Haha. It doesn't only because Dal thought it would be a top 5 pick they were getting back and we went 10-6 that year.
    Incidentally, Dallas used the 2nd we gave up to trade up w/ Philadelphia. The Eagles took Kolb with that pick, so it's probably Phil Savage's fault that Donovan McNabb is a Redskin.

1 person likes this.