Browns Open To Trading QB's Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Browns coach Rob Chudzinski won't rule out listening to trade offers for quarterbacks Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

When asked specifically today if he'll listen to offers for those two, Chudzinski said, "We’re looking to improve our team in any areas, by any means of doing that."

Chudzinski said the Browns are excited about Weeden's skill set, but still declined to commit to him as the Browns' starter for 2013. The club is evaluating quarterbacks here at the NFL Combine, and will also most likely consider adding a veteran quarterback.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam made it clear at the Super Bowl that the Browns will have competition this season for their starting job.

“We have three guys here that provide competition and we’ll leave it open to whatever happens in terms of any other possible scenarios,'' said Chudzinski. "We’re going to look at everything, every possibility to try to make the team better. I’m excited about Brandon.

Asked if there's another change coming at quarterback, Chudzinski said, "Some of those things are hard to say. We need to get out on the practice field. We need to get into the meetings, get into the installs and evaluate him. We’re going to put the best guy on the field that gives us the best chance to win.â€￾

He said he's confident offensive coordinator Norv Turner can help Weeden improve: "He has a really good arm, he can throw the ball, he can make all the throws that you need to throw, he has a good, calm poise and demeanor in the pocket. Again, he was up and down a little bit and during the season as any quarterback, especially a young quarterback is. You see some things that are there that get you excited about him.''

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd take either one as a back up over Leftwich and Batch.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

thought the Weeden pick was going to solve their issues at qb. Sucks when you miss on two qbs.

4. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

When they drafted Weeden I had flash backs of Chris Weinke.

5. Buck Fenson

same here. they were both about the same age. Weeden may be a bit younger. Older guys should be better in college.

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Still not as bad as AZ's mess at Qb

7. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Fixed :violent11:

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE The opposite of a Rookie

Who the hell would trade for Weeden, hes like 36.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

9. Buck Fenson

trade a 7th rounder for him. dude don't really have too much more time compared to the other first and second year players.

10. cpgobrowns

I imagine Colt's getting cut, Weeden will be the starter again (in a better offense for him), and we'll draft a project in the 4th or 5th.

11. Harryaxel

Harryaxel Rookie

I feel bad for Colt McCoy he was drafted into a horrible situation then had an 80year old qb drafted to take his place. Send him to Dallas ill gladly take him. The kid needs another shot he's not a bad qb.

12. cpgobrowns

I agree. He got screwed by a regime that was trying to save itself. 4 offensive coordinators in 4 years if he stays. With his salary last year (like 450K I think), it made no sense to cut him. This year it's going to be like 4mil, so it makes more sense to cut him loose like Seneca Wallace last year. Or trade him and a pick to SF for Alex Smith. If he gets cut, it's only about money.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

This i have stated this many times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i sort of agree with the sentiments about colt. i'm not sure we know exactly what he is after the situations he has been put in. he may very well be nothing more than a back-up qb in the nfl but i'm not sure anyone really knows.

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Exactly and I think many people have written him of with out a good evaluation with a descent team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh, I'd say the Browns are the very epitome of a descent team.