Browns' Possible Draft Pick Joe Haden Runs Disappointing 4.57 In 40

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Florida cornerback Joe Haden, one of the players the Browns are seriously considering with their No. 7 overall pick in the draft, posted a disappointing 40-time at the NFL Combine today, Haden was unofficially timed at 4.57 seconds on his first run and 4.60 on his second, well above the 4.37 to 4.42 Haden said he expected to post. For comparison's sake, safety Eric Berry -- another player on the Browns' radar screen -- turned in an unofficial time of 4.46 on his first run and 4.4 on his second, meaning he probably strengthened his status as a top 10 prospect and maybe even top five and it also proved to some teams that he can play corner as well as safety, according to the NFL Network analysts. Perhaps most shocked about Haden's slow time was NFL Network's Mike Mayock, who had said Haden could solidify his status as a top 10 pick with a sub-4.4. "That blows me away,'' said Mayock. "Joe Haden had a horrible stance at the beginning of his run," said Deion Sanders.

Source: The Plain Dealer

2. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

LMAO!!!!
    I've always thought he was overrated.

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he can boost that still at the florida pro day, i really thought he was gonna be a sub 4.4 guy.

ill take him at 18 for sure

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Major Wright was faster hehe. Of course Haden is going to run faster on his pro day. That's a given. I wonder if his dad is beating him with a stick right now. lmfao, that little piece NFLN did.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He had pretty bad technique getting off the line in those runs, I don't think that's it's very indicative of his real speed on the field. I don't think it's going to cause him to slip much if at all. The media puts way too much emphasis on stupid 40 times anyway...if you're not a track guy and not used to running timed sprints, you're going to suffer for it. Notice how the track guys like Best do better.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think Brandon Flowers ran a pretty bad 40 too, didnt seem to drop that much

8. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Good. Make him fall to the mid-1st round where the 49ers would be glad to grab him.