Browns Select Baylor NT Phil Taylor (Rd.1, No. 21)

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 21st pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Baylor NT Phil Taylor. Taylor possesses the rare size and natural brute strength NFL front offices are looking for in a potential 3-4 nose tackle or two-gaper. Can anchor against the run, fight through double teams, uses his hands well, and doesn't necessarily need to come off the field on third down with his adequate pass rushing ability and good feet. A tendency to play high, limited range, in-game durability and some off-the-field red flags do hurt his stock.

Source: NFL.com

2. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

340 in the middle is good enough for me.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Puzzled by the pick esp a trade up.. In H&H we trust.

4. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Nice pick all he needs to do is play lower consistently.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I thought you guys were moving back to a 43?

6. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

They did move back to a 4-3. He can play in either scheme. He has the feet to push the pocket in a 43.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Cleveland has almost 700 Lbs in the middle now

8. cpgobrowns

That was definitely my first thought. But 670+ pounds in the middle of the line reminds me of Sam Adams and the fat guy who runs his mouth about nothing on the sideline of the Fox broadcasts playing for that 2000 Baltimore defense. And there are plenty of good players to back it up tomorrow.

9. cpgobrowns

Check out this pic

[​IMG]

Looks like he's really jumping. Maybe sigworthy.

10. Dude is a beast. You Browns fans should be excited.

11. cpgobrowns

Only slightly concerned that when you type his name into google images you get 100,000 pics of some middle aged fat dart thrower from England and not him.

12. Jihad Joe

Taylor is an athletic freak. He's Shaun Rogers with a motor

3 years from now Bills fans are going to be complaining they took Dareus and not Taylor

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah he does compare to rodgers quite a bit, only he can do his job and be a FT NT in a 34

14. Jihad Joe

Its rare you find a DT that has the size to play 2 gap while being athletic enough to penetrate gaps

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Taylor pick doesn't excite me as a Steelers fan...

16. cpgobrowns

Nothing like giving the medium jersey to the XXXL player. Nobody's holding him if he squeezes into that.

[​IMG]