Bullets Might Be Coming Back

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by HailttRedskins, Oct 8, 2010.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

So after Leonsis bought the team, he wanted a fair amount of changes to be done, one being the name of the team, he said he wants to get the Bullets name back. So on his blog of "Things to Do," one of the things is, the Bullets. Under it's status right now, it's "under construction." He said there's no guarantee it can be changed, but he is working on it.

One thing though that makes me think it could be possible, next season the colors are being switched back to the original red, white and blue.

Pretty exciting, would love to have the Bullets name back here, freaking can't stand the Wizards.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I always thought the Wizards was a gay name for a team

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Please get the Bullets back for the love of god.

4. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Cool. Been to many Bullets games at the Civic Center. Grew up with Wes Unseld, Gus Johnson, Kevin Loughery, Earl "The Pearl" Monroe, Elvin Hayes, Phil Chenier etc etc. The team was named after Bata shoe company in Harford County which made a tennis shoe called "Bata Bullet", hence they were also a major sponsor. Dad always took me down for games where they would give the kids a certicate for a free pair of shoes. The next day you went to the warehouse for a new pair of tenners. Plus I had an uncle who was a ticket taker at the Civic Center, my cousin and I lived in that building for 2 years in the late 60's. Bring Back The Bullets! :icon_cool:

5. Nice.....

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Hell yeah, your highest paid player was getting in gun battles in the locker room, why not rename your team the bullets?

7. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

yeah, I opened this thread purely to point out the irony. guess I was too slow.

8. One of the reasons why the Bullets were renamed to the Wizards in the first place back in the late 90's was to shy away from association to gun related crimes in the area.

9. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Awesome. Bullets is freaking awesome, and as JJ said Wizards is f-n gay.

10. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Yeah and I ALWAYS was and still am pissed off about that excuse. I mean sure there was problems with murders, homicides, etc. Yet the city wanted to pretty much blame it on the name of a basketball team.

Cause we all know we want to kill people over the name of a basketball team :icon_rolleyes:. They just didn't want to admit to the crack problem in D.C at the time.

I mean really, drugs or the name of a sports team? You do the math.

11. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

i say bring back the Bullets name