C.M. Punk Replaces John Cena As WWE's #1 Merch Seller

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by dublin mike, Oct 3, 2011.

1. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

WrestleZone has confirmed that an internal memo sent to WWE staffers this week listed the top 10 merchandise sellers, and John Cena has been replaced for the first time in several years as the number one seller.

The new number one?

CM Punk.

wrestlezone.com

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Too bad Vince still doesn't like Punk. It's going around the business (through un-named people of course) that the reason Punk was signed wasn't due to a McMahon at all, rather a Levesque! Hunter is the man who pushed Vince to resign Punk and keep him signed up long term after the thought of Punk turning up as the crown jewel of TNA became a real possibility. Hunter is big on Punk and see's him as the next big "Stone Cold" character in the E. He relates better with the "common man" than Stone Cold ever could as he truly came from humble beginnings and created his own hype. Not to mention that Punk isn't 6'5, 260. He's a "skinny fat ass" like the common man and he speaks his mind like we all wish we could. I think that eventually Punk will be faded out of the top spot but don't think it'll be for a while. After all, Vince REALLY likes his roided up monsters. *coughmasonryancough*

3. dublin mike

4. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

bout time. i actually stopped watching all wwe programing a few years back because i couldnt take any more cena. it actually hurt to watch his matches. but a few months ago i started peeking in on raw and it was all because of what i read about punk online. theres nothing i wanna see more than a long run of punk on top

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

definitly hope the tide turns to cm punk cena is really getting stale and every week its same crap after same crap

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

well I guess Punk got his wish, he was snitching that he wasn't being advertised enough, although he is only a voice for the voiceless :rolleyes:

7. dublin mike

Sweets, don't be hatin your man's crush.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Can't help it Mike.....Jericho isn't around to keep me occupied...hehehehe

9. dublin mike

You mean this guy? I will sort of agree. He needs to come back.

[​IMG]

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

OMG I think I just came a lil in my panties...:icon_redface:

11. dublin mike

:icon_eek: I'm so gonna get banned now.....

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I miss the old days of stone cold, HBK, the rock. I just can't get into this cm punk john cena era crap. Might as well watch Days of Our lives.

14. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Jericho won't be back for awhile, he is really pushing heavy for a big tour for his band, and just doing other things. He hasn't been bitten with the wrestling bug for awhile yet. The road is tough, specially the schedules those guys have. He'll be back maybe next year or the year after. Or maybe he'll come in on Mania?

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...the old days...

Where is Y2J?

16. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Dude I'm 20 so late 90's early 00's is my old days. lol.

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The real question is what is left to do for Y2J in WWE?

18. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

He can help get some of the young guys over. How good would feuds with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler and hell, even Sin Cara be?

19. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Finally get a legitimate World/WWE championship reign that he deserves?

When you consider everything, as much as he has achieved, there's no doubt in my mind he should have been a bigger star than what he was allowed to be.

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He left the WWE. Plain and simple. The reason Y2J wasn't as amazing as he was is because HE chose to left, so heck him! Had he stuck around he could've had all these pushes and been amazing! But again, heck him!