Can Drew Brees Get Significantly Better?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Saintsfan1972, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

we are debating this over at a saints site but i wanted to get some non-homer thoughts.

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Guess it depends on how you define "significantly". He's already one of the best in the league, how much better can he possible get?

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I agree with themush, I think he's about as good as HE can be - the only way I could imagine him getting better would be if his supporting cast played better and they are already at a championship level.

4. Saintsfan1972

so what needs to happen for him to reach peyton manning type status?

5. Saintsfan1972

one thing he can really improve in terms of stats is the fumbles.....8-10 forced fumbles for a guy who gets sacked less than 20 times a year is too much

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I might get cruxified over this but, I really don't see too much of a distance between Drew and Payton.

SF are most of the sacks coming from not recognizing the blitz or just holding the ball to long?

7. Saintsfan1972

lol....that is a can of worms right there

i don't thinks it's holding the ball too long. after his shoulder reconstruction he actually has a quicker release and when he signed with us, one of the first things coach payton and him worked on was getting rid of the ball faster

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Brady 2007

And yes he can IMO

Gonna take more than just him.

Meachem becoming Pro Bowl level WR and Shockey staying healthy are key.

But I guess even thats open to interpration, would that really be Bree's or them?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Romo is a guy that will always have fumble problems because he has small hands.

Him and Bree's are close in physical stature, so it may not be a correctable problem

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I was going to say that he has a SB ring already. What more do you want?

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

LAST YEAR there was no distance between Drew and Peyton. The difference between the 2 QB's and how their legacies will be viewed when they retire is that Peyton has performed at that same high level consistently year after year after year. Drew has been more erratic during his career.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

longevity? Keep putting up "Drew Brees Numbers." Keep the Saints a playoff contender?

If he gets "significantly better"...Wow...look out...

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

what he said