Cardinals Manager Tony La Russa Slams Reds Broadcaster

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, May 18, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa doesn't like what Reds broadcaster Marty Brennaman has to say about his team.Brennaman criticized St. Louis starter Chris Carpenter and pitching coach Dave Duncan on the air Monday, a day after the Reds beat the Cardinals 9-7 to sweep their three-game series at Great American Ball Park. The game ended with Cardinals screaming at Reds closer Francisco Cordero, who then gestured to them in the dugout.After the game, Carpenter was unhappy with the condition of the mound -- the game was played in a steady rain -- and smoke that lingered in the ballpark from the customary fireworks to celebrate a Reds home run.

Source: ESPN

2. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

This rivalry is getting good. I dont understand in the game where Cordero hit Puljos why they (Cardinals) would think that it was intentional. In the 9th inning of a 2 run game you're gonna plunk someone on purpose, come on.

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

i agree. its not good to hit someone in that situation but Tony needs to watch his mouth cause he has a job thats in the spotlight and talking about somebody like this can get you in trouble

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

STFU LaRussa. Scoreboard snitch, haha you maaaad.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

one the most overrated managers in baseball. ever.

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Its the Cardinals they cry more than my 2 year old sister