Cardinals Release FS Antrel Rolle

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 4, 2010.

1. The Cardinals have released free safety Antrel Rolle but hope to re-sign him in free agency. Rolle was due a $4 million signing bonus by March 5 and his salary was due to increase to $8 million. The Cardinals had hoped to re-sign Rolle to a long-term deal before now, but Rolle and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, seem intent on seeing what interest Rolle will command from other teams.

Source: Arizona Republic

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
  2. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

He wants 8 mill a year. We offered 6. Good luck with that, Antrel. At first, I was pissed the Cardinals were even thinking about releasing him. But he wants to be the only safety in the league to make 8+ a season? I'll take him back for 6 million a year in a heartbeat, but if there's a team out there who's willing to make him the highest paid safety, they can have him.

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Makes sense to me, P16.

4. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I really want the Giants to get him, for 6.5 a year.

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

He's willing to go to the highest bidder doesn't necessarily have to be the Giants

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Local radio just reported the Cards offered him 6 years, $40MM with $10MM guaranteed a couple of weeks ago. He was scheduled to make $12.1MM next season. Guaranteed money LESS than his salary next year? Cards definitely weren't going to break the bank. So when he clears waivers tomorrow...LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!!!!! IMO, Miami.

7. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Lets hope he lands on his feet back home in MIA!

8. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Bear down!