Cards Acquire Versatile DeRosa From Indians

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by dolphindude13, Jun 28, 2009.

1. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

The trade rumors that have followed Mark DeRosa since May have ended.

The popular, versatile DeRosa is headed to St. Louis.

The Cardinals announced late Saturday that they acquired DeRosa from the Cleveland Indians for reliever Chris Perez and a player to be named.

Source: Fox Sports

Should be a great addition to the Cards infield. I assume he'll take over at 3B and provide a little protection behind Pujols since no one else on the team can.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

The rumors are still running rampant about Ludwick and another player going to Oakland for Holliday also.

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Not a bad deal I suppose but I'm kinda pissed that we've given up Chris Perez, who in the games I've seen this year he's been throwing some good stuff. Also, Mark DeRosa is in the last year of his deal so we have possibly given away our future stud closer for someone who is only going to be around for the rest of the season.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I bet Cubs fans are pissed at Jim Hendry now, lol.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

LaRussa is normally pretty good when it comes to getting rid of their prospects, take anthony reyes for example lol. He's looked like junk in Cleveland and he was a pretty huge prospect. Franklin is kicking ass, all in all it's a decent deal but like Andy said, DeRosa will probably be one and done.

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I find it hard to believe that Larussa and the Cards let Derosa walk after this season. Tony has had a boner for him for about a year and a half now and he's finally got him. I think they get it done.

It sucks that they gave up Perez but they did need a bat and a 3B. The combo of Kalil Green and Thurston at 3rd is making me sick. Perez imo is still a year or 2 away.....the guy has NO command, although he has been better of late.

6. Jupap7

Jupap7 Eternal Rookie

After one weekoff the field, DeRosa is placed on 15-Day DL. Back to 1st July

In this bad luck, good timing i think, he'll bea ready after the break and have new start with solids bases in STL.