Carey's Final 2011 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by CStevenson13, Apr 28, 2011.

1. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

1. Carolina-Cam Newton-I dont agree with the pick but it seems as if they've made up their mind. He's not a bad player but i'd feel alot better about him if he was the #1 pick of the 2nd round.

2. Denver-Von Miller-I'd personally go with Dareus but i see the reasoning in Denver leaning towards Miller, this is a deep class of 3 tech's.

3. Buffalo-Marcel Dareus-Buffalo begins to rebuild their line, he can play all across the front and give them a dominant presence.

4. Cincinatti-AJ Green-Elite downfield Wr, will set the table for the new Bengals attack, opening the field for Gresham, Shipley, Simpson, etc.

5. Arizona-Patrick Peterson-Would have loved to go pass rusher here but i think PP is too good to pass up, him and DRC will make a nice duo that will allow them to be more aggressive, they look for edge rushers later in the draft and see what Schofield can bring.

6. Cleveland-Julio Jones-Similar to Cincy the Browns have some solid WR's but not one game breaker until now.

7. San Fransico-Robert Quinn-Much needed edge rusher, could have went corner here but i think they can address that later, same for QB, i've heard they are luke warm on Gabbert but could be a smoke screen

8. Tennesee-Nick Fairley-Fits what they want to do to a T, they'll improve his technique and conditioning and he'll be a force

9. Dallas-Tyron Smith-They upgrade their athleticism, he can start out on the RT, while not ideal for it i think he'll be strong enough and learn while taking his lumps some, then eventually move to the left side.

10. Washington-Blaine Gabbert-Gives them a potential franchise signal caller, im not as high on Gabbert as some but he does have the tools to run Shanny's offensive effectively at some point.

11. Houston-Prince Amukamara-Houston will run to the podium with this one, Kareem Jackson is better then he showed and i like Glover Quinn as a nickel, he's a physically guy.

12. Minnesota-Aldon Smith-Smith gives them an explosive threat opposite Allen, Robison is a solid backup and they dont have to overpay to keep Ray Edwards.

13. Detroit-Da'quan Bowers-If he checks well enough medically detroit could be building a special d-line, Bowers can play either end spot and will reap the benefits of playing with Suh.

14. St. Louis-Corey Liuget-exactly what the doctor ordered, an impact 3 tech that can play 3 downs

15. Miami-Mike Pouncey-You can play him at center or guard, i prefer guard, he's an instant starter

16. Jacksonville-Ryan Kerigan-They've missed alot at this position over the years but i think they finally strike here

17. New England-Cam Jordan-The best 5 tech in this draft my opinion, sorely needed in New England

18. San Diego-JJ Watt-A nice upgrade for them, instant starter and 3 down player

19. New York G-Mark Ingram-Reese is a value type of guy, he gets a guy that wont fumble, has excellent vision and will just be steady and extremely productive.

20. Tampa Bay-Brooks Reed-A little high for Reed but i think they desperately need what he brings. He needs to get better against the run but he is a good tackler and has the strength and mentality to do so.

21. Kansas City-Phil Taylor-This would be a very formidable front for KC, they could use a NT of this caliber

22. Indianapolis-Anthony Castonzo-Indy would be ecstatic with this scenerio, all of a sudden they have needs all across the O-Line

23. Philadelphia-Jimmy Smith-Legit #1 corner from a talent standpoint, he can play outside and they can kick Patterson inside

24. New Orleans-Muhammad Wilkerson- A nice penetrating DT with upside to put beside Ellis

25. Seattle-Marvin Austin-Like this pick for Seattle, gives them a explosive 3 tech with top 10 ability

26. Baltimore-Cam Heyward-We need a 5 tech that can be versatile enough to kick inside on passing downs and push the pocket some, when he wants to be he's flat out dominant, Ray Ray can keep him fired up.

27. Atlanta-Nate Solder-This enables them to put Sam Baker on the right side

28. New England-Gabe Carimi-Using a Mayock term plug and play at RT

29. Chicago-Danny Watkins-He could play multiple spots for them, he'll be an upgrade wherever they decide

30. New York J-Akeem Ayers-they need a playmaker on the outside, i dont think he's necessarily a great pass rusher but he upgrades what they have

31. Pittsburgh-Aaron Williams-He can play outside, in the nickel and may eventually be a FS, good all around player

32. Green Bay-Derek Sherrod- Pure LT, they can groom him and eventually bookend him with Bulaga