Chargers Favored To Land In Los Angeles

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by Sweets, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

San Diego is the front-runner because the Chargers have a window each year to get out of their Qualcomm Stadium lease without the threat of a lawsuit, they also want a new stadium and haven't been able to get one done there. Jacksonville can't get out as easily, but the Jaguars are in a dire situation. Even when they tarp thousands of seats, they can't sell out their games. Others who potentially could relocate down the road are Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo and Oakland.

Source: Los Angeles Times

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

3. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

I hate for any city to lose their team. Hope it doesn't happen.

4. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

hopefully this wont go down

5. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Would suck for charger fans. Hope it doesn't happen.

6. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Man FREAK THAT CRAP FaM!!

There are WAAAAAAYYYY more Raider fans in Los Angeles than Charger fans.. i'm just saying. Send them Las Vegas or something..

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Eh the longer the Raiders are gone the more Charger fans will appear in LA. Although I see the Chargers preferring a stadium in North County SD that way they can still claim the SD market but also claim more of the LA market.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Vegas = Death.

If any team should be moved it's Jacksonville.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:agreed:
    If Vegas had a line on first to move, Jacksonville would be even money. They almost have to go.

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

It's one thing when you're barely missing sell outs (that could be blamed on the economy or the team sucks etc.).

It's entirely different when the stadium is barely half full and that's with a crap load of seats being tarped.

11. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

That would be funny to see the Rams leave there because no one cared only to move back and see again that no one cares.

Granted there are some sports fans out here, but for the most part, people could care less about football/baseball/etc

The only sport that a lot of people care about out here is soccer. its everywhere, and not MLS, more people out here care about the chivas and pumas than the chargers and raiders combined. It's pretty sad really.

of course everyone jumped on the lakers wagon again, but if they don't win, those are few and far between as well.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You know what Godell has in mind with the Jaguars.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Noway any team ends up over there!!!!

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I wouldn't put anything past Goodell dude.

15. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt mind the jags as much i also heard the vikes and colts might be moving.

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Colts? Really? Do you have a link or have you just heard it though the grapevine? That would be huge!

17. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

I read on the L.A. Times i while back sorry no link but they were doing some sort of odds thing. I think the favorites were the Jags and rams.

18. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

lol...no freaking way do the Colts move....thats a ridiculous statement DP42...they just built a state of the art stadium...c'mon man.

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I can't see Minnesota losing the Vikings.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Colts aren't going anywhere. I could see the Vikings leave Minnesota if they don't get the stadium. Just get the Jaguars out of Jacksonville...