Chargers LB Shawne Merriman Arrested For Battery

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by CP26, Sep 6, 2009.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

San Diego Chargers star outside linebacker Shawne Merriman was arrested Sunday and accused of choking and restraining his girlfriend, reality TV star Tila Tequila, as she tried to leave his suburban home. Tequila, 27, signed a citizen's arrest warrant, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment, San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman said. Deputies responded about 3:45 a.m. to Merriman's house in Poway, north of San Diego, after a woman called to say she was choked by the player and thrown to the ground when she tried to leave, Sheriff's Department spokesman Jan Caldwell said at a news conference. "It's disappointing to hear about the issue involving Shawne Merriman," Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said in statement. "We'll continue to monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course."

Source: NFL.com

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Wow. That could be huge for the Chargers. There's probably a pretty stiff penalty for battery and false imprisonment, but Merriman will probably get the trial pushed off till the season's over.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wow. I wonder what happened.

4. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

This doesnt help but like you said ravenfan the trial will be pushed out.

BTW WB Ravenfan

5. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Thanks CP. Anyone heard of this "Tila Tequila" person? Apparently she's some D list celebrity.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Merriman was taking his shot at love.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

She's a wanna be celebrity..a skankazoid and she's got big tits and not that attractive, my opinion..

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco:

I'm sure the charges will be dropped...

9. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Tila Tequila is a pourn star...lol. Shawn must had some roid rage I guess.

10. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Does he have a choke-a-hoe dance?

1 person likes this.
  11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I want to choke her too. Her voice is so annoying.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

she's not a pourn star, from what I know she's never been in a commercially released adult film, she's posed nude for websites and magazines though.

13. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Oh, well there is some footage available...must not be considered commercially available.

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Dude should not be choking women, most likely a side affect from the steroids. How long before the Chargers say enough is enough and get rid of him

15. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Hahha great day for the Raiders first we get seymour and now this, things are looking up.

1 person likes this.
  16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahp8zjSK0X4"]YouTube - Choke a snitch[/ame]

17. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Always a possibility the facts are skewed but for Merriman to even be in the same room with this skank raises eyebrows

18. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

20. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

We'll see, but the fact that she actually went to the hospital sort of hecks him unless they can say another person did the damage.