Chiefs More Interested In Signing Younger Free Agents

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Cletusaurus, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

This year's list of potential NFL free agents carries an enticing bounty for any team.

Imagine what it looks like to the Chiefs, who not only lost their final nine games last season and finished 4-12 but are armed with ample room under the salary cap.

They could load up with such veterans as Alan Faneca and Flozell Adams to help fix their broken offensive line, a wide receiver like Jerry Porter to complement Dwayne Bowe and a cornerback like Asante Samuel to replace Ty Law, who could soon be released.

Just don't expect any of that to happen when the free-agent signing period begins Friday. The Chiefs appear prepared instead to pursue players who better fit their free-agent strategy which, to put it succinctly, is younger and cheaper.

Source: Adam Teicher, The Kansas City Star

2. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I'm thinking they'll make some sort of run for the for a couple of top free agents, but if they gamble on young cheap guys and they come up big for them the following season, then it'll be worth it. If not, then the Chiefs will just look like a broken down franchise that is in desperate need of management.

3. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Shoot, the Chiefs are in desparate need of management now. :icon_frown:

4. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I'm not going anywhere near hoping the chiefs can pull something out of this... but I'll curse the chargers with you.

5. 5x49ers

5x49ers Starter

Herm Edwards stinks.

6. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Agreed.

7. greg63

greg63 Homer go crazy!

Agreed, they've needed that for at least the last decade.

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Yeah greg, I was really hoping that Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards would both get the axe after that 4-12 season! :icon_evil: Unfortunately they seem to have Clark Hunt snowed.

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

if they do that. it will help in the future

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think they made this pretty obvious when they cleaned house at the end of last season.

11. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

I think Clark knows what to do next if this season doesn't pan out.... get rid of carl! :icon_evil:

12. chiefswin19games

...and Herm will follow him out!!!

:beerchug:

GO CHIEFS DAMNIT!!!

13. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

They didn't clean house good enough...Peterson and Edwards are still here! :icon_cry:

14. chiefswin19games

I wish I could rep you twice.

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I'm tellin' ya....I was actually excited when we got Herm Edwards as our HC...:icon_redface: I woke up though...Now I just want them both gone! :icon_confused:

16. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

They need to, I mean their team is old as hell.

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Well they're working on the TEAM...we're wanting Carl and Herm gone!! :icon_cheesygrin:

18. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

This season will be a desaster again :icon_cheesygrin: for us

19. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Don't be such a pessimist! :icon_eek: