Chiefs RB Larry Johnson Apologizes For His Comments

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by MediaGuy, Oct 27, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has, in a statement released by his agent, apologized for his words and actions of the past 48 hours. Johnson posted demeaning comments directed at Chiefs coach Todd Haley on his Twitter profile hours after Sunday's 37-7 loss to the Chargers. Johnson used a gay slur in one of his Twitter posts while responding to a follower, and he used another slur Monday after telling reporters he wasn't speaking publicly until Thursday. "First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday. I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate. I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said. I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model. We all make mistakes, and the challenge is to learn from them. I will do my best to learn from this one as I move toward becoming a better person, teammate, and member of the Kansas City Chiefs team and community."

Source: The Kansas City Star

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

LJ is a Christopher Street boy.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

hahahaha. i know exactly how this went down. Larry said his crap and once his agent heard he called LJ............

Agent to LJ: "What the **** are you doing? The Chiefs are going to cut you now!"

LJ: "Crap, those (gay slur) won't cut me. I've got a guaranteed contract."

Agent to LJ: "No it isn't dumbbutt. They could cut you today and save $2 million the rest of the season and be completely done with you!"

LJ: (silence on phone) ................................ "um, do you think anyone else would give me another fat contract if the Chiefs cut me?"

Agent to LJ: "I'll start writing the apology statement."

(Line goes dead)

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pVKZeSoAp0&feature=related]YouTube - Timbaland Feat. One Republic - Apologize (Lyrics)[/ame]

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

also, i just heard on local radio here that LJ has been 'indefinitely' suspended from the team. does the article mention that?

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00]YouTube - Taps - trumpet[/ame]

7. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Screwer got suspended :Loco:

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm done with his butt.

9. He might have done it on purpose I think to get out of the losing season. He blantantly tweettacked the head coach and on top of that, the gay slurs on a social network. Ha! He knew what he was doing. Now he gets to chill wit da homies while his team suffers, just another thug with lots of money....for now.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The Star says it's not a suspension.

11. markaz

He won't make it thru the week. Guessin' the Chiefs FO is under incredible pressure and at the end of the day this turd blossom just isn't worth it.

12. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

True....but did you read Whitlock's take on it?....

Pioli, Haley need the LJ distraction - Kansas City Star

And I'm thinkin'..oh God, here we go. :icon_eek:

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

14. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Yeah...I know..:icon_confused:

15. markaz

Larry Johnson's apology from one year ago, October 22, 2008, for spitting his drink on a woman.

"I want to start off by saying I apologize to the Hunt Family and my family, first and foremost and to fans, my teammates, coaches and players. This is the first time in my life that I actually woke up and was kind of disgusted with myself and disgusted as far as the way my life and my career is headed right now.

"I can't speak any further on the legal issues at this time other than to say that the truth will come to light and promise not only to the fans, not only to teammates, players, coaches, GMs and my own family, that I do anticipate seeking help to get better as far as getting my life on track and knowing what I want out of this life, not necessarily football and just work on, as hard as I can, not only being a good football player, but obviously being a son of the National Football League, a son of my own family, hopefully a brother, a father and a future husband.

"I'm going to work to that point to get my life back on track and know that I and I alone put myself in these critical situations and environments to where things don't come out favorably to me. All I can do is promise to you guys and to people who are watching that as a man, I'm still growing and as a man everyone makes mistakes.

"In times of darkness, you've got to look for the light and that's what I plan on doing, regardless of what suspensions and fines are being handed down. I will take them as sincerely as they give them out."

Screw you, Larry. Your apology to the exact same people and the gay community is a little tough to believe. You're a broken record that will always be broken.

2 people like this.
  16. hermhater

hermhater Guest