Chiefs To Host USC Linebacker Rey Maualuga

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by mike oxlong, Apr 8, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

In what could be a sign that the Chiefs are preparing for a possible trade down from the No. 3 overall pick, they’ll be hosting linebacker Rey Maualuga on Thursday, a league source tells us. Maualuga is regarded as one of the top prospects at inside linebacker, but it would be a major surprise if he were a top five (or even a top ten) selection.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

As Kool Aid Man would say, "Oh yeah!"

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Stop taking my opinions CW.

I still don't understand why this kid is projected to get drafted so low.

TAKE THIS FREAKING GUY!

4. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

From what I've read, scouts are worried about his work ethic. I've watched a lot of the guy down here. He's a freaking beast. He hits really freaking hard when running downhill.

Plus NE and Parcells are interested in him. That has to be a sign that he will be a good pro LB.

5. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

I agree! We need some young LB's in there! Get him and keep him! Maybe he can teach some of our older guys something new!

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

What about Curry?

7. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

if we trade down we wont be able to draft curry

8. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

you guys dont worry about him getting hurt after his injury running the 40?

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

draft curry at #3 and then trady tony g. and larry j. to someone for another 1st round pick and draft maualuga .............. see how easy that was ................. ???

10. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

Meh I would rather trade waters and larry...

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

good point and i agree that would probably make more sense for them. I'm not sure the chiefs could get a mid-round 1st round pick for waters and larry, though...... combined they may only be worth a low 1st or high 2nd........ what do you think?

12. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

even with a low 1st or high 2nd there are many good linebackers I could see the chiefs getting...Connor Barwin Larry English Clint Sintim...but in my mind as it is now, I see the chiefs trading down with perhaps the redskins so they could go after stafford if the lions pass on him or sanchez...but as far as the kind of compensation the skins would offer? whos knows?