Chiefs Want WR Bobby Wade In The Mix Quickly

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Stinger75, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

The newest Chiefs WR, Bobby Wade, crammed the playbook and joined his team at practice in an effort to be ready to play in Sunday's game against Oakland at Arrowhead Stadium. "It'll be determined on my learning curve," said Wade, who signed his contract only the day before. "I'll put in as much time as possible to try to learn and get on the field as early as possible. Other than that, it's just about making plays once I get out there. I'm just going to continue to work, and we'll see where it falls on Sunday." Coach Todd Haley would like Wade to be available, if nothing else, as a punt returner, where the Chiefs have sorted through several candidates and found them all lacking. But Haley may give a game-day roster spot to Wade only if he can do more than return punts, so the ability to master at least a portion of the offensive playbook is important. "We've got to get him quickly into the mix," Haley said. "He's got some punt-return ability. He's done it at a high level at times. "If we are going to use him as a punt returner, he needs to be able to play some other plays. Five or six (punt returns) at the end of the day isn't enough. We've just got to get him up to speed fast."

Source: Kansas City Star

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I hope he's the answer at returner, we desperately need someone back there...

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Hopefully he can hang onto the ball. That was his doom when he was with the Bears.

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

im hoping Pioli has something up his sleeve. like a trade

5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I want to see what Wade can do....or not. :icon_cheesygrin:

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

He's returning punts Sunday, I'm betting he puts one on the ground...

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Then that's 2 better then last game for us !!!

:yahoo:

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

yeehaw! :icon_cool:

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

:rollinglaugh: