Chris Collinsworth Rips Colts For Not Going For A Perfect Record

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Dec 31, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The gents at Showtime's Inside the NFL became the latest group Wednesday night to pan the Colts for fumbling their shot to potentially go 19-0. Former NFL stars Phil Simms and Warren Sapp both disagreed with Indianapolis' approach in Sunday's loss to the New York Jets when the Colts' key starters were pulled in the third quarter with a 15-10 lead. But former Pro Bowl WR Cris Collinsworth was even more emphatic, saying the Colts "absolutely" made a mistake while citing the dejected appearances of sitting stars such as QB Peyton Manning, WR Reggie Wayne and TE Dallas Clark: "As a player, a former player, I was thinking ... I don't know what I would have done on the sideline, I probably would've gone in the game. Really, I probably would have said, 'I don't care what you say.' I probably would have. I would've said, 'Are you kidding me? We have a chance to be remembered as the greatest football team of all time.' Think of what we do with the 1972 Miami Dolphins to this day. Every year, we talk about they're popping champagne -- they are historically significant. And the Indianapolis Colts, because of the longer regular-season schedule, could have made claim that they were the greatest football team of all time. And all you have to do is let me finish a half -- they only have to finish a half -- because they could play a quarter against Buffalo (in Week 17) and win that game. Finish a half and we have a chance to be the greatest team of all time."

Source:
    USA Today

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

naw i still like the move, let the jets in.... take the steelers OUT!!! ha ha