Colt McCoy Vs. Matt Leinart

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Agent Zero, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Ok guys.. I need your help. My wife and I have a debate. She thinks Colt McCoy is gonna suck and not do anything in this league. Now, I don't think McCoy is the next Aaron Rodgers or anything. But I do think he will have a mediocre career and play for a long time. (Jon Kitna type of career)

Now she thinks Matt Leinart is gonna take the Cards back to the Super Bowl. :thud:

So my question is to you guys.....

Who will have the better career when it is all said and done? I say McCoy will.. Now, I am not saying Colt will have big numbers or anything.. But Matt is junk. He is and always will be no good.

What do you guys think???

2. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

matt leinart>colt mccoy

leinart will at least have one year starting under his belt and probably more since other teams will likely give him opportunities. mccoy will never start unless something drastic happens.

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Leinart is already in danger of losing that starting job I think this year is last chance to prove he can lead that offense. After that he'll be a back up the rest of his career unless a team gets desperate.

I haven't seen McCoy play yet but I haven't heard a lot of good things about him either.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  4. Agent Zero

pfft.. You don't count. You are a USC fan.. Just like my wife. Keep it moving..

J/K LOL :beer:

EDIT: I was referring to whatadai..

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I somewhat have a horse in this race as well. I don't like McCoy as a prospect, but I'd take his unknown over what we've seen from Leinart ANY day. Do I want either as my team's QB of the future, no, but I think there's been so little progress I've seen from Leinart that he could be discounted. McCoy is a project, but he has far more room to grow as a player in my opinion.

Your argument should have been over as soon as it began, because we are talking about sports and you are, indeed, a man, and most likely smarter on this topic. Just kidding, but not really.

6. Agent Zero

LMAO!! You would be correct sir. My wife is a USC homer and I guess you can say I am a Texas Longhorn homer. But I truly believe that Colt will do better. Just my thought.. :beer:

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Can there be a tie for both being a forgotten thing in the future?

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think matt leinart needs to play in an offense that doesnt ask him to put up big numbers through the air. im not as down on him as alot are, but i think he would be badass or at least servicable in a dink and dunk wco.

colt mccoy has a weak arm, like chad pennington weak, but chad pennington accurate too, and hes got some heckin wheels on him.

basically one is left handed and one is right handed, and neither is a guy you want to build a franchise around.

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

before i write anyhtin yes i am a longhorn fan.........thats said i have read and heard alot of people compare colt with another dude from the state of Tx.......drew brees...... that they both have simalr styles and same prospects coming out of college............before you dudes go crazy im just reiterating what i heard

10. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

McCoy will be forgotten, not Matt Leinart. Matt Leinart will be remembered for the stupid pass he threw to Larry Fitzgerald in a slant route with 3 defenders that caused a career-ending injury to one of the best wide receivers of all time.

11. K Train

brees has a much much much much better arm than mccoy, as well as a better bulked up frame. they are short at around 6 foot and accurate....the comparison ends there.

12. Omen

ok just telling ya what i read and heard

13. K Train

physically though leinart is much better prospect....he just doesnt seem to have what it takes. i honestly wouldnt be surprised to see both of them and tebow in broadcasting in 5 years

14. Omen

Brees wieghs in at 209 and McCoy at 216

15. K Train

brees is also 5-11 ish and mccoy is 6-1 ish

brees is just the overall stronger athlete, especially with his arm

16. Omen

i guess time will tell

17. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

McCoy was alot like Bree's was coming out of Purdue. Similar players. Heady QB's with good accuracy and weak arms. If McCoy stays how he is, he will be a guy who at best can pick teams apart 10-15 yards, but offer little to nothing down the field ala Kyle Orton

IMO he would have been a solid late 1st/2nd round pick because he is a smart QB, and he can bulk up a bit, and his arm strength can improve. I like Clausen better, but I like McCoy better than Bradford

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I haven't watched them both yet, but I'm gonna say they both are gonna suck balls at the NFL level.

19. Leinart is about to get cut. Mccoy should be at least solid if he has the time to develop.

20. K Train

since when does brees have a weak arm? his no where near pennington/mccoy weak