Colts Activate QB Peyton Manning From PUP List

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 29, 2011.

1. The Colts have activated Peyton Manning from the physically unable to perform list. The team said Monday that the four-time MVP quarterback will participate in practice on a limited basis on a "scripted" and controlled basis. Manning has been recovering from neck surgery in May, casting doubt on whether he will be ready for the Sept. 11 opener at Houston. The Colts signed veteran backup Kerry Collins to go along with Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky and rookie Mike Hartline. Manning has started 227 consecutive games, including the playoffs, the second-longest streak in NFL history for quarterbacks behind Brett Favre.

Source: Associated Press

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
  2. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I wonder how many Colts fans and Peyton supporters soiled their pants after hearing this.

3. dpn

dpn 18to44

Until Peyton says otherwise, I have always expected him to play. Irsay's tweets are all about Irsay having fun with the media and Colt fans. Just to see what reaction he will get. I really don't pay much attention to them. Collins has definitely lit a fire under Painter. Maybe that was part of the reason he was signed.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Manning will pretty much be the one making the decision as to whether he will play or not...

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Manning supposedly needs a second neck surgery...

6. Peter King: Twitter.com

7. JMV1070: Twitter.com

8. I would take this with a grain of salt for now.......