Colts Re-Sign WR Reggie Wayne

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Mar 13, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Indianapolis Colts have re-signed wide receiver Reggie Wayne, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Financial terms of the three-year deal were not disclosed. Wayne, 33, has spent his entire 11-year career with the Colts, who selected him with the 30th overall pick of the 2001 NFL Draft out of Miami. Wayne has caught 862 passes for 11,708 yards and 73 touchdowns during his career, posting seven straight 1,000-yard seasons from 2004 through 2010, a streak that fell 40 yards short without Peyton Manning at quarterback in 2011. Wayne went to five straight Pro Bowls from 2006-10.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That was quick...lol.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Didn't see that coming to be honest.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Payton is next!!

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

was sure hed be a dolphin

6. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

Guessing he didn't get the offers he expected to. Or at least not enough of a difference to make it worth leaving. He should help Luck a lot.

7. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I did not expect this at all. Wow.

8. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

kind of surprised by this.. Seems like a strange move for a team that's pretty much rebuilding from the foundation up. Hell they even re formed and repoured most of the foundation.

Doesn't make a ton of sense. He's been a great WR, but honestly the last couple years have been sub par, period.

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

it will be good for luck, and hes been a pro bowler from like 06-2010, so last year was down with curtis painter, not gonna blame him for that

10. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Its a pretty smart move for the Colts, I just didn't think it would happen I thought they were getting rid of everyone and restarting. Plus I figured Reggie would want to follow Peyton.

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Thought for sure the move from Marshall to chicago would of meant Reggie and Peyton maybe in Miami, but did not expect this at all..

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i guess if he was affordable, he could help mentor their young receivers

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Luck will be there to throw the ball and Wayne knows he'll be the primary target. Some potentially big stats from Wayne if Luck is all that.

14. dpn

dpn 18to44

Last year at the end of the season everyone, including Reggie, thought he had played his last game as a Colt. Now he is about the only one left. Kinda like the series finale on the Mary Tyler Moore Show...surprisingly to the staff, Ted was the only one they kept!

I, personally, am glad he is staying. He can offer a lot to Luck and any young WR drafted this year.

Colt fans have been through a lot these last couple of weeks. This is good news from a PR stand point as well.