Colts Reportedly Made Decision To Move On Without QB Peyton Manning Weeks Ago

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Jan 28, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The he said-he said between Colts owner Jim Irsay and QB Peyton Manning this week ended awkwardly with a joint statement from the duo, an effort to “dispel any misperceptions.†But what the statement didn’t say was that Manning will remain with the Colts. While it remains to be seen if he ever will play again, any misperceptions that the four-time NFL MVP will do so with the Colts appear to be long gone. Just how far? “According to sources who were involved in the Colts’ GM search, the organization was planning to move on from Manning weeks ago, well before this public squabble between the quarterback and his owner,†NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora said Friday. “So Friday’s joint statement won’t be changing a thing.†La Canfora reported the Colts will make a move on Manning “almost certainly†before the start of the 2012 NFL Scouting Combine.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2012
  2. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Sounds like a recipe for a curse. Andrew Luck is hecked.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

With one injury, this team went from a perennial playoff team and Super Bowl contender to a train wreck with no hopes of getting better anytime soon.

The possibility and hopes for a smooth transition from Peyton to Luck...out the window...

4. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I mean it sucks for the colts because Luck could have learned a crap ton from Manning. If the colts front office is smart they would bring in at the very least a decent veteran to help Luck transition into the NFL.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

then the colts must know that peyton will not be healthy enough to pass a physical anytime soon

6. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

When he gets released in march the rumor mill will be running rampant on where he s going to land.

7. bossco

bossco Rookie

When he gets released? Crap they already started.

Droid x. 49ers

8. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

The colts cant release him til march 1st.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, they can't officially release him for a while but i see what bossco is saying ................ in retrospect now, everything Irsay has done is for a complete 100% overhaul of the organization and obviously that wouldn't include a 36 year old injured Quarterback ................. regardless of what his name is ..............

10. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

I wonder if it would be considered as tampering if teams start contacting his agent he is still listed on the Colts roster till March.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I say yes for tampering.