Colts To Raffle Off Super Bowl Rings For Charity

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Saintsfan1972, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Want to win an Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl ring? Here's your chance.

During a pep rally for Sunday's game against New England, Colts owner Jim Irsay wore a giant blue top hat, large round blue sunglasses and a white showman's suit as he told hundreds of fans about the "Quest for the Ring" raffle.

"I look like Willie Wonka Elton, a combination of Willie Wonka and Elton John," Irsay joked before throwing open a gold treasure chest containing a small box with five shiny rings.

Although some fans clearly hoped Irsay would toss the rings into the crowd, he explained the rings would be given away in a raffle he hopes will raise up to $1 million for Indiana charities.

Raffle tickets cost $5 each and will be sold through Nov. 20 for the three-stage contest.

Twenty-five finalists will first be chosen from up to 200,000 tickets the team hopes to sell. Ten finalists will then be chosen to move onto the contest's final stage during a Nov. 30-Dec. 1 treasure hunt for Colts-related items hidden around Indianapolis.

Those finalists will gather on the RCA Dome field at halftime of the Colts' Dec. 2 game against Jacksonville and select one locked box and key. Five of those boxes will contain a Super Bowl ring.

FoxSports.com

2. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I didnt know they were raffling them off, the radio report I heard was they were auctioning the rings off for charity. Each ring was supposed to go for $250k. My radio report could easily be wrong as it was just a local show here.