Colts Told QB Andrew Luck Not To Throw At 2012 Scouting Combine

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Andrew Luck will undoubtedly be the No. 1 overall pick at the 2012 NFL Draft. Yet, despite this, the Stanford standout was more than willing to head to the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis this week and conduct some drills throwing the football in front of scouts from all across the league. Despite his willingness, Luck will not throw at the combine, and the reason he won't be throwing is the Indianapolis Colts. Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star reported on Twitter that the Colts reportedly told him not to throw at the Combine, and Luck consented. Luck reportedly will participate in the non-throwing drills, like the 40-yard dash.

Source: SBNation.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

No reason to waste the arm...

As the veteran QBs have said, every throw they throw is one less they'll be able to do in the future...

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well so much for any hopes RG3 had for getting picked ahead of Luck.

4. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

I hope he busts like Leaf.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I do just a little bit too now, I would've liked to see the Colts take their time and look at RG

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I dont root for the failure of any player I just dont understand that at all.

7. you guys really think RG3 is even close to Luck?

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Heyal no.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

All I'm saying is I don't essentially commit to a decision more than two months before the draft. I'd at least be taking a look the other way.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I generally don't ever wish ill upon anyone and would hate to see the talent go to waste but it'd be kind of funny if he tore his rotator cuff brushing his teeth or playing with his dog just to heck the Colts! FREAK YOU JIM IRSAY!!! But yeah, will they announce the terms of the deal before April 1?

11. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

I don't know what a team can learn about him at this point. He's been running a pro-style offense for years now. Can make every throw in the pros, top-notch accuracy and his arm is what it is. I don't see the benefit of him throwing out-routes to wr's he's never worked with before.

Also, I believe that it came up in the Brandon Weeden conversation that rotator cuffs don't affect QBs like it can pitchers.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Maybe not as severely buy generally I don't agree with that. And nobody should need to look at him, previous comments have been about the Colts needing to check out Griffin as well, not that others need a chance to see Luck.

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

So much pressure on this guy

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

um, is there anything illegal about a team telling an undrafted kid what to do and what not to do? seems like there would be something in the CBA regarding this............ he's not under contract.

Theoretically, what if the Colts end up changing their minds and drafting someone else and Luck's stock dropped enough because he didn't throw for anyone that he dropped several draft slots and lost millions of dollars in his rookie contract ?

I would think the players' union would not approve of this............

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I had similar questions. They must have some kind of agreement already in place to be able to exert their will like that on a kid not under contract.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

there's a report floating around that luck's personal coach said that luck hasn't decided yet whether he's going to throw or not.

i would literally laugh if Irsay's off-season arrogance ended with him dumping Peyton and Luck pulling an Elway and refusing to play for the Colts....... that would be awesome.