Congrats 2008 AL Champs Tampa Bay Rays

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by MediaGuy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Congratulations on a great season. Job well done, go win this thing.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The King is dead. Long life to the King.

Congrats to the Rays.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Lmao.....you cheater. You had the thread made up and your finger on the button!:icon_cheesygrin:

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Looking foward to playing you guys

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Rays all the win!

6. MediaGuy

I scoop. I have a quick trigger. It is my Job.:icon_cheesygrin:

7. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

phillies v rays. looks like till be a good series. will all the games end this late?

8. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Yes, or later if Obama has his way.:icon_rolleyes:

9. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

heck obama. i have to be in school in the morning

10. MediaGuy

Only have this for now times are TBD. They have to wait till now to make the times. Should be available soon.

Source: ESPN

11. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

:alert: :clap08: :cope: :dance04: :cele09: :cele18: :buttrock: :clap01:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Awesome, awesome win!!! And against the hated Red Sox!! I loved the look on Youkilis' & Crisp's faces after the game!!! This is an amazing win......

Bring on the Phillies!!!:drinks:

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

congrats to the Rays. Great job turning that franchise around so quickly.

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I wish I could've partied with those guys tonight!

14. MediaGuy

Congratulations Mush. I am waiting for details.

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Congrats

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

If I didn't have the wife in tow I would have celebrated with the best of them. But, unlike me, she has to be a work in the morning. Which reminds me.... good night men...

17. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Quickly....??

Two things that highly annoy me about the Rays and their *ahem* "fans."

1. Those freaking COWBELLS. Seriously. I know baseball loves it's wacky promotions and such, but if your so god **mn lame that you need to hand people cowbells or Thunder-Stix to make NOISE, then take your sorry butt back home and watch some TiVo of Newhart or something. It drives me nuts that a sports fan can't go to a stadium and yell and scream and cheer and yell. No....now, we need props. Pathetic. :icon_rolleyes:

2. Nice to see the Trop filled up tonight, but in all honesty....of the 50,000+ that were there tonight, could you find a thousand people there who could have named three players on the team on April 1st? The Rays were having the best season in franchise history and the only times they ever drew 30,000 fans is when the Yankee's or Red Sox came down and their fanbase helped fill the stadium. Tampa Bay Rays fans are frauds. If you have been a Rays fan for longer than 4 months, then good for you. And I sincerely mean that, because you're in some very elite and select company. There are a lot of very exciting and good players on that team. My beef is not with the Tampa Bay Rays baseball team. it's the phonies who call themselves Rays fans. Suddenly, there everywhere. :icon_rolleyes:

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Seriously go get laid butthole.

!. Every fan base has their own "rally cry" even if it's the degrading indian war chant your "fans" use. BTW where are the FSU fans this year or for the past 3 years for that matter?. Nevermind I'll get to that next.

2. Are you really calling Rays fans Bandwagoners? In a way you are correct but, the fact of the matter is the Rays now have a strong fan bases. And since when does the Trop hold 50,000 people? Get you facts straight you miserable pr**k! Lets talk Nole or Vike fan for that matter. Kettle watch who you are calling black.

Oh yeah and get laid, your comments are pathetic to put it nicely. Next time ask your dad what you should say when you get the urge to post something stupid as I'm sure he has a PhD in that field. Butthole.

End Rant and GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd be pulling hard for the Rays if I wasn't a Philllies Phan!!!! Congrats and it's going to be a great series. There's a large Philadelphia Contigency in Tampa, so it could get interesting!!!

20. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Congrats Rays, its well deserved. I thought the Angels were the best team in the MLB, but after seeing the Rays for 7 games non-stop, there is no doubt in my mind they are the best team in baseball.
    Philly has their work cut out for them.