Cowboys Legendary QB Roger Staubach Says Tony Romo Deserves More Respect From Fans

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Tony Romo has undergone a great deal of criticism in Dallas. Cowboys legendary quarterback Roger Staubach can't understand why. "It’s really a mystery to me why people don’t understand how really good (Tony Romo) is," Staubach told Norm Hitzges of KTCK-AM in Dallas by way of the Dallas Morning News. "The things he can do and the plays he can make, I’m sure Troy (Aikman) would say the same. I think this team is building to support a great quarterback like Romo. If your defense is doing a great job, you can do a lot of things on offense.†“I think it wears on him because he’s such competitor. He works really hard. His teammates love him. He’s got to continue to get more out of his teammates and that’s his job too and he knows that.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. agreed Roger

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me too.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

Tony Romo deserves a swift kick in the butt and a one way bus ticket out of Dallas!!

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i think staubach is still trying to shake off that last concussion

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

SMH

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Agreed

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Needs to win a SB.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Romo got skills...just no hardware to back it up...

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He does, but he still has time. How old were Bradshaw and Elway when they won theirs?

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Bradshaw was only mid 20's when he won his in 1974...

14. Romo takes more blame for doing a good job than any other QB. He is hated like Mcnabb was.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Difference is McNabb was a straight up punk who wasn't a leader. He was a whiny snitch.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good way to put it Adam.

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I have always wondered if Romo would be this critiziced had THE FUMBLE never happened... :icon_confused:

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I think so

He plays for Dallas

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If it ain't the fumble it's the playoffs vs the Giants or it's the yearly December meltdowns.

Although, the fumble is the doozy that tops the list. Let's relive, shall we?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FOTeWUjHIo]Tony Romo Singlehandedly Loses the Game for Dallas (Cowboys @ Seahawks - 2007) - YouTube[/ame]

20. the fumble was bullcrap anyway. The ball should never have been used as it wasn't properly broken in.