Cowboys Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Jihad Joe, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

2. Jihad Joe

Word is we reupped Free for 3 years. Dont know the terms. Him and Parnell, his backup were FA's with Parnell getting a few starts when free was hurt and splitting reps with Free late 2012. There was some belief that the Cowboys would go with the cheaper Parnell, but they chose to lock up the better player. It will be interesting to see what Parnell fetches on the open market. He would be an attractive option for a team looking for a short term bridge type starter, but he could very well get overpaid by a team desperate for OL help.

3. Jihad Joe

Rumor is we are interested in Trent Cole.

With this to me it depends on the money. At this point in his career I only see him as an effective rotational pass rusher in a 4-3. Would be a very effective rusher in our system, but I wouldn't give more than 4 to 5 per

4. Jihad Joe

Mike Fisher was saying Jerry Hughes is going to be visiting. Not a huge fan of this. If i could pick out any one guy whom I dont believe would live up to his deal, it would be Hughes, who has been playing on a DL with 3 All Pros.

I would much rather have Greg Hardy

5. Jihad Joe

There is also a rumor we are interested in CJ Spiller. Id be a fan of this if they still draft a back in rounds 2 through 5. Spiller is a great player, but you want a another competent back with him so you dont wear down and can use him in the passing game and STs.

Cowboys win dominating on the ground and will likely have to replace and 1,800 back. I don't know if thats ever happened (Dickerson?). If you plan on doing that with Spiller, he needs to be part of the solution ( with say a Jay Ajayi) and the solution himself

6. Jihad Joe

Its now being reported that Free's deal is 3 year's 15 million with 6 guarenteed

7. Jihad Joe

Word is we have some interest in Adrian Clayborne and Stephan Paea.

Clayborne could be a good low risk type gamble. Hes a very good all round LDE, but missed 2 of the last 4 seasons. If he stays healthy could be a major steal.

Paea doesnt excite me too much. He is a decent intiror rusher, but gets beat up in the run game. 1 down player IMO. If hr is cheap and he is just a guy you are adding to a rotation, Im ok with it. If he is your starting 1 Tech. Meh

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I would dig Trent cole and cj spiller. Hardy also but isn't he dealing with or have to deal with Goddel for some stuff

9. Jihad Joe

Im not sure whats actually going to happen with Hardy