Cowboys Plan To Sign DE Michael Sam If He Passes Physical

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by DaBears22, Sep 2, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Dallas Cowboys plan to bring the free-agent defensive end in for a physical on Wednesday, a team source told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. If the rookie passes, Sam will be added to the team's practice squad.

The seventh-round pick of the Rams cleared waivers on Sunday after St. Louis released him during their roster reduction to 53 men. NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported that coach Jeff Fisher "remains a fan" but the Rams needed practice help at other positions due to injury concerns.

Source: NFL.com

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, because there aren't enough gay cowboys jokes in the Internet...

But hey!! If he can help one of the worst defenses in history, I'm all for it...

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Id like to see him on the 53. He was vert effective in preseason and could help as a 3rd down rusher early in the season

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Exactly of he can play I don't give a Phuck

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

yea I was gonna make a gay joke but you guys beat me to mentioning it and its not that funny hell if the guys can play who cares if hes gay.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

hate to admit it but he was pretty good during TC. now is that only because of who he was playing against and no game planning? we shall see. hate to be the doctor that make him turn his head and cough.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im not impressed by how gay he is. He is clearly the man in that relationship.

Im waiting for a player to openly announce that he is gay AND takes it up the butt

Omen likes this.
  8. smeags

smeags militant geek

he's the "stick his helmet in the hole" kinda player jerrah has been looking for.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The Cowboys could have used him last year. Maybe they'll have something resembling a pass rush this year.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

he's a practice squad player.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

They're a practice squad defense.

Jihad Joe and Buck Fenson like this.
  12. smeags

smeags militant geek

pretty awesome that there's a team with a defense that's 10 times worse then the eagles.

13. ragman

Who got more sacks than Philly's Vinny Curry did.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

umm let's see there was trent cole & connor barwin. plus two other guys tied with curry at 4 last year.

not sure where you're going by making an analogy with a 2nd round pick that only sat because of guys like cole & graham being on the roster.

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He'll be a starter by week 4.

16. ragman

I wasn't talking about last year's stats. I was only referring to this year's preseason stats.

I agree with TJ. He'll start sooner rather than later. Anything would be an improvement over last year's unit.

17. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

18. ragman

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

He'll start this week.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Preseason...