Cowboys TE John Phillips Likely Has A Torn ACL

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Aug 9, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Dallas Cowboys tight end John Phillips may be lost for the season after suffering a right knee injury in Sunday night’s exhibition opener against the Cincinnati Bengals. Phillips suffered what is likely a torn ACL in his right knee according to Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News. Prior to the injury, Phillips was having a strong game, catching four passes for 60 yards. He was one of the few highlights in an otherwise sluggish offense. “I’m going to stay positive and wait for [Monday] and see what the doctors get confirmed,â€￾ Phillips said, per Archer. “Regardless of what they say something’s got to be confirmed on a screen so until they show it to me, I’m going to stay positive.â€￾

Source: Dallas Morning News

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Ouch that hurts, he looked good last night and played about as good as he could have last year sitting behind Witten and Bennett.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

wow that sucks man dude was doing pretty good yesterday..........

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Poor dude.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

ESPN.go.com/dallas/ is reporting that Phillips does have a torn ACL and is out for the year.:icon_sad:

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i am a sad sad man about this news

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

This is terrible news.. Phillips is the next Witten. We really needed him this year, cause Bennet is basura!

8. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

This is terrible news...I was hoping Phillips would actually push Bennett to actually perform.

9. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Sorry to say dude, but Bennett is complete garbage. The kid can't seem to get his mind right. Sad actually cause he has an amazing talent level. I seen him at this club in Dallas called "Carson's" a while back, and he is a complete tool. The guy is just an butt and acts like he is 12... Even the chicks wanted nothing to do with him. He was all alone with a few buddies acting a fool. And from what I read he is the same way in practice and in meetings.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

At his press conference today at 3:15 PM local time, head coach Wade Phillips said reserve TE Scott Sicko suffered a concussion during last night's game. With that news, I'm sure the Cowboys are going to be scouring everywhere looking for backup TEs to back up Witten and Bennett.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i dont care if the dude acts a fool as long as he can play.............but problem is that dude isnt showing up to play up to level that is expected of him

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Bennett just has to get his head in the game as a weapon. As a blocker he is sick

Im not happy with with overall performance, and it would have been nice if Phillips actually pushed him. But him being "worthless" is an huge exaggeration