Curt Schilling To Have Surgery, Career Could Be Over

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by ravenfan52, Jun 20, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Curt Schilling said he will have season-ending surgery on his shoulder and biceps in Philadelphia on Monday, a procedure that will end his 2008 season. Schilling left open the possibility that he could pitch late next season but said he was prepared to accept the possibility that his season is over. Schilling, 41, has not pitched this season since developing significant pain and discomfort over the winter. Schilling made his comments in his weekly interview on WEEI-AM (850) a few minutes ago. We’ll have more details on this as the day goes on.

Source: Boston Herald

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

ton of talent - diarrhea of the mouth

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

boo freaking hoo, you freaking no confidence loser, sucking the balls of your homo lover manager, at least now someone can sit in that seat you would leave for your Dad, but based on how you have treated the fans and taking roids, he probably stopped coming along time ago too.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT! AND add a total freaking c**k-sucker. ANything you see on TV that may lead to a person thinking you like him, he is total opposite in real life. A real butthole.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

when did he named in the steroids issue ?

6. mike oxlong

I meant the way he goes on tirades about roids and I get his point, but he acts like an BUTT. My only image of that craphole is him with a towel over his head while the rest of us watched the blue jays beat us. I would like to stick a fork in his gums.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah it was ironic that he was ripping kobe for not being supportive to his teammates.

8. mike oxlong

Kobe should rape curt schilling in his shoulder

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

:icon_smile:

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Kobe would be found innocent, and nobody would care. :buttrock:

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Peace out Curt
    dont stop blogging, plz and thanks

12. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Yeah, doesn't sound like too many people will miss that douchebag - I guess once he officially retires then we'll have to hear about his HOF worthiness...:icon_rolleyes:

13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

his career is most likely over. he had great numbers but not knock your socks off. I dont see him getting in the hall of fame. but all in all he had a great career

14. mike oxlong

just passed 200 wins, I don't think he is hall worthy.

15. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I don't think he deserves to go to Cooperstown (Ed Wade summed it up best when he said "he's a horse every fifth day and a horse's butt the other four"), but his name will definitely be thrown in there and I wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up making it one day (obviously not his first or even second or third try). Accumulating 300 wins isn't as possible these days as it was in the past (not that there is anything "easy" about it). Guys don't go as long during games or pitch as many games as pitchers did in the past. Endurance also seems to be down. It's hard to imagine any pitcher going through his career without a few trips to the DL and a long-term one here or there. It's also hard to imagine a pitcher winning 300 games ever again. I think because of this, the qualifications for the hall for pitchers will go down some in the near future. Dominating hitters, strikeouts, and leading teams to World Series as Curt did will all be more important than reaching a milestone in wins.

All this debate can wait five years, though. For now, it's just Schilling's bloody sock that calls Cooperstown it's home.

16. mike oxlong

he is barely over 200 wins, that is nothing, he lost the only freaking world series I cared about and there was no bloody sock, only a hung head with a towel over it, before the game is even decided. Stick a rusty fork in his gums

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I love that quote. :icon_lol:

I think I've told this story here before, but one night at McFadden's I met one of the Phillies PR guys. He went on and on about what a douche Schilling was. He was so glad to see him go.

18. mike oxlong

McFadden's makes me want a Yuengling Lager, damn you!!

19. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Screw you Curt Schilling.

20. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I wouldn't exactly call 200 wins nothing. It certainly doesn't seal the deal, but it's enough for there to be considerations.

That's how things go for Philly fans. Our players will always lose here and win the big one somewhere else. But from the standpoint of the writers/voters, you have to look at his 3 WS appearances and his wins in Arizona and Boston as pluses.

Personally, I think the towel over the head speaks MUCH more about his character than that bloody sock ever did. I'm not old enough to remember that World Series, but I've seen video of it and heard stories about it plenty of times. That a player could actually do something like that to one of his teammates is beyond unbelievable. Someone in the dugout should have pulled that thing off his head and smacked him across the head a few times.

It's an awesome quote. Best words to ever come out of Ed Wade's mouth.

Damn, Dawk. When you're not getting free drinks at McFaddens, you're talking to Phillies' PR guys. I believe it and I wonder how many of his teammates in Philadelphia actually liked the guy.