Dana White Says UFC Will Be Bigger Than NFL

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Mike, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Rodger Goodell, the commissioner of the NFL, oversees the most popular sport in America. He's in a position of unrivaled strength. But look at the big picture, and a challenger is emerging. White, the president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, has realistic plans to conquer the sports world.
    "When you look at the world of sports right now, nothing in this country is bigger than the NFL," White said. "There was always that big argument whether baseball was bigger than football or whatever. There's no argument. The NFL is huge. I don't (care) if you didn't watch one football game all season, everybody watches the Super Bowl.

"But I know for a fact -- I don't think -- that we're going to be the biggest sport in the world."

SOURCE: LVRJ

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It will take some time, but I could see it happening.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That's not going to happen, but It will get pretty damn big.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's already pretty damn big.

It's freaking HUGE...

5. cesar26

cesar26 Starter

itll get huge world wide but football will remain more popular in the USA

6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Who does he think he is, Vince McMahon?:icon_cheesygrin:

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Dana White is actually a really good friend of a friend of mine (Dana's from Boston), and he has done amazing things with the UFC. I like his confidence, but I dont think the UFC will be bigger than the NFL ever. One thing I will say is he has a knack for getting his brands name out there, and if nothing else a good amount of people that think this is a silly statement, will probably be watching UFC 100 now. Good marketing move here, really good actually.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You talk to Dana regularly Harvs?

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

no not at all, and I didn't mean for it to sound like that...He has been good friend for years of a friend of mine, I've never met him or talked to him...I get some cool UFC gear from my buddy, and stuff like that...I've heard some really funny stories about the two of them, which I will not share for obvious reasons....but the guy has taken the UFC from nothing, to one of the biggest sports brands on the planet...he's a marketing genius.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He's really got a passion for the sport, I will give you that.

I just hope he doesn't try to make it get too big, too fast...

11. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

he's smart, him and my buddy were pavers...you know asphalt, and now he runs the UFC, so he'll be fine...lol

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Asphalt sucks man...

Freaking hot as hell, and it's always done in the summer...

:icon_lol:

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I like Dana and I think he's done one hell of a job marketing the UFC and all of MMA as a consequence. I highly doubt it would EVER pass the NFL here in America or Soccer in the rest of the world but you cant deny the explosion of the sport. The networks are finally catching on slowly as far as bringing results of fights also.

As far as UFC 100 tomorrow night......I'll make a prediction that it breaks the record (whatever it is) for highest PPV audience in history.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I did asphalt, but it didnt compare to the "Crack pouring crew". Following the tar wagon around when its 100 with a index of 110 sucks worse. The tar was heated to about 225 so 10' behind the wagon was probably 140 or so....

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Without a doubt DD, without a doubt...

Four Main Events with the biggest stars in the sport all fighting the same night will surely top any previous record...

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

16. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Sports world, also means over taking soccer which just isn't happening - beating basketball globally would be a feat aswell

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That shouldent be to hard NBA isnt that entertaining anymore imo.

18. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i think its very entertaining.. but as the statement was made, global... the crowds in diff countries carry on like they do soccer fields n crap, waving flags n what not.. its insane.