Day One Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Litez0ut, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Round one of the Draft

Panthers - They drafted a gifted athlete who is going to be the face of the franchise. A project QB if used correctly might enjoy some early success. Grade B-

Broncos - A crappy defense last year they got arguably the best pass rusher in the draft. Will he be as effective rushing the QB in a 4-3 probably not. Grade B-

Bills - Crappy run defense last year. They go out and get the best DT in the draft. Given his versatility should be able to help there hybrid defense.
    Grade A

Bengals – T.O Gone and Ocho Cinco on his way out. They get the top WR in the draft and add a play maker to a young offense. They need a franchise QB if Palmer doesn't come back. . Grade A

Cardinals – The #1 player in the draft falls into there laps. Given his versatility the defensive coach should be able to find different ways to use him. They add another play maker to the CB core. Grade A

Falcons - They gave up a lot to get WR Julio Jones. Was it worth it? Time will tell. What they got was a WR that is will be a nice compliment to White and stretch opposing defenses. Grade B

49ers - They drafted a Tweener Aldon Smith. He has the athletic ability to be a Rush LB in the 3-4. With impending FA Manny Lawson not likely to be brought back this pick makes cents. New D-Coordinator Fangio runs a 3-4 similar to that of Dom Capers meaning Smith will play nickel quite a bit his rookie year. Grade B-

Titans - A QB I think could be the best QB in this draft class in 2-3 years. He needs to immediately improve his accuracy and work on his footwork a bit. Was it a reach? Kind of but you can’t blame up for taking a chance this early on Lockers abilities. Grade B

Cowboys - They finally drafted another tackle in the 1st round. They get Tyron smith some had as the top tackle in the draft. He will be an immediate starter at RT unless they don't resign Free then he will be moved to LT
    Grade B+

Jaguars - A team that hasn't been happy with there QB play upgrade it with what they think will be a Franchise QB. He needs to work on his ability to handle pressure. Grade B

Texans - Moving to a 3-4 defense they gave Wade Phillips much needed help up front to compliment Mario Williams. Needs to play lower at this level should upgrade the defense. Grade B

Vikings - They drafted a QB that some had in the late first or as a 2nd day pick. While I am a fan of Ponder I wonder if the Vikings are going back to the WCO which I think is the best fit for Ponder. For a QB that has been injured quite a bit they better protect him better then they did Favre . Grade B

Lions - Top 10 talent and they got him at #13. Matching him with Suh creating a Nasty DT tandem for years to come. Whats not to love about this pick? A Steal! Grade A+

Rams - Spags getting a pass rusher what else is new? Many people felt he possesses the skills to be the best pass rusher in the draft. Might have dropped here because concerns about his tumor. Grade B+

Dolphins - They get the help they need on the interior of the offensive line. While I feel he can be a pro bowler at Guard they might use him at Center. Nice pick definitely feels a need for the Fins. Grade B

Redskins - Many thought they would go after Gabbert but they ended up trading out of the pick. They selected Kerrigan a non stop High motor guy to play OLB in there 3-4 defense. Giving them much needed help while also providing more mismatches for Orakpo. Grade B

Patriots - There left tackle Matt Light is a free agent and is getting old. So they draft a guy that gives them versatility. I think they move him to RT and let Vollmer take over at LT. Grade B

Chargers - While I am not totally sure he can play 5 tech in a 3-4. He can't be worse then Cesaire. Should help on nickel situations providing rush from the inside. Grade B

Giants - They get my top rated CB after Peterson.Someone that can flat out cover. A kid who will work hard and continue to improve. A top 10 pick at 19? Are you kidding me what a Steal! Grade A+

Buccaneers - They needed help from the DE position. They add another piece to a talented rebuilding D-line. Should step in and play either RE or LE for the Bucs. Grade B

Browns - Traded up with the Chiefs and got Phil Taylor who I felt was a better fit as a NT for a 3-4 team. He can play in a 4-3 as well. I guess the plan is to pair him with Rubin. Grade B-

Colts - They get a top rated tackle who should step in immediately and protect Manning blind side. A definite need for a team that wasn't effective protecting there QB or Running the ball. Grade B+

Eagles - A big O-lineman for the Eagles. Shocker right? I am not sure what the plan is or where they plan to line him up given his versatility my guess is RG. Grade B

Saints - They needed him opposite of Will Smith they get Cam Jordan who I didn't think would last this long. I think he is more of a 5 tech then a DE in a 4-3. Grade B-

Seahawks - A WTF pick for me. But they do need help on the right side. The pick gives them a pair of young tackles. I thought he would go in the 2nd or 3rd round. Grade C

Chiefs - They traded back and still got the player they wanted a Big physical WR who should fit the WCO they run in KC. What might hurt him early is his lack of good route running. Definitely a boom or bust kind of pick. Grade C

Ravens - Top 15 talent that fell due to character. They should be able to control him given there locker room has some respected vets in Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. True shut down ability this late? Grade B+

Saint - The rich get richer. The Saints already have an explosive offense but they added insurance in case Reggie leaves or Thomas gets hurt again. I don't think it was a huge need and the fact they gave up a first rounder next year makes me like this pick a little less. Grade C

Bears - They filled a major need with this selection. A mauler in the run game. Mike Tice should be happy about this selection. They will probably slide Webb over to LT and start Carimi at RT. Grade B+

Jets - They get a much needed 5 tech. Who can provide some pass rush opposite of the aging Shaun Ellis. Fills a major need for a team that had create pressure due to the lack of quality in there front 3. Grade B+

Steelers - They get arguably the best 5 tech in the draft this late. He provide youth to an aging defensive line. He should start at LE in the near future provides some quality youth with Hood on the opposite side. Grade A+

Packers - They get some needed youth and protection for there Franchise QB Aaron Rodgers. With this pick they can ease him into the position behind Clifton. Grade B

Those are my grades let me know what you think. Sorry if its a small sample I was writing that up on my phone haha.