DeAngelo Hall To The Saints?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Saintsfan1972, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

from PFT so take it as you will.......

HALL TO PAYTON: "I'LL PLAY FOR YOU FOR THE MINIMUM"

Our moles who were in the Georgia Dome on Monday night tell us that, at one point during the game between New Orleans and Atlanta, Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall was overheard telling Saints coach Sean Payton, "I'll play for you for the minimum," or words to that effect.

Hall was fined $100,000 for his conduct in a game earlier this year against the Panthers, and the general feeling in the wake of the incident has been that Hall won't be back in 2008.

Prior to that, Hall made clear his desire to test the open market once his rookie contract expires.

It's unlikely that Hall would actually play for the Saints, or anyone, for the minimum player contract with four years of experience. Still, the broader point is that Hall clearly wants out of Atlanta. He'll likely get his wish.

2. lostfan

lostfan Starter

I'm not sure how many times this has been said on this site but Hall is easily one of the most overrated players in the league. For all his athletic ability and talent and everything that's expected of him and that he gets credit for, the results are just not there.

Anyway, how many times has Hall been rumored to be traded anyway?

3. Gobears81

Gobears81 Starter

hahhaha..play for the minimum...he is so full of crap

4. lostfan

lostfan Starter

I think he's just pissed about that time when he got beat up in the locker room

5. DrunkBomber

DrunkBomber Rally Rex

Was this article from the Onion or something?

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

PFT

7. DrunkBomber

DrunkBomber Rally Rex

Ya, it was a joke. I just see anyway hes gonna play for anything that resembles the league minimum.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

overrated... sure, a solid cornerback... sure

Saints needs?? A solid cornerback

9. Milan

Milan Starter

I would honestly prefer Tye Hill over DeAngelo Hall.

Hall's main strength is speed - and Hill is faster...and he hasn't gotten 70 yards worth of penalties on one drive so that's a positive.