Derek Carr, David Fales throw TD passes as South wins Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by 86WARD, Jan 26, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dee Ford prefers to keep things simple: Play hard and fast, and let others worry about his NFL Draft stock.
    That approach certainly worked at the Senior Bowl.

The Auburn defensive end had two first-half sacks, and Derek Carr and David Fales each threw a touchdown pass in the South's 20-10 victory over the North on Saturday.

Ford, who earned positive reviews from observers during the week, quickly dismissed a reporter's suggestion that he made some money in the draft with his performance.

"I don't do this for cash," said Ford, selected the game's MVP. "I do this for pride. I do this because I really, really want to be great. The money will come. I'm just all about perfecting what I do.

"I've still got a lot of work. I've got the combine and pro day. My life doesn't stop here. I've got to be consistent."

The showcase game for top senior NFL prospects was mostly dominated by the defenses. The South racked up five sacks of Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas and intercepted three North passes. Princeton's Caraun Reid also had two sacks.

"Just talking to the linemen, they said these guys are kind of quick coming off the ball," Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd of the North said. "You've got to go out there and try to help those guys out."

Alabama receiver Kevin Norwood caught a 24-yard touchdown pass from Fales of San Jose State and received the South's Most Outstanding Player honors.

Source: CBSSports.com

Aussie61 likes this.