Do The Redskins Need? Part 1

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by PSID412USM, Jan 31, 2013.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Welcome to the first of my series looking at a couple of position and deciding if the Redskins need to add people at that position.

Now I’m no expert and this is my opinion so now let start with

Quarterbacks

Last year the Redskins sent 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round draft pick to St Louis to get the number 2 pick and in doing so claim RG3. It looked a great move but the season ended with Griffin suffering a ACL and LCL tear. So his health will be the biggest worry this offseason still I think he will be alright in the long term. The Skins also drafted Kirk Cousins which at the time people call a bad move. Cousins did ok in relief even getting a win in Cleveland and Rex Grossman served as the team 3rd QB.

So will the Skins add anyone?

I think they will resign Grossman for a veteran min and if they get a compensatory selection they will add a QB but we see if they do add anyone.

Running Back/Full backs

Before the season if you asked someone who Alfred Morris was you probably been met with a blank stare. Of course now he is known as yet another Mike Shanahan gem. Morris ended up second in rushing. Roy Helu Jr who was going to the be starter was lost to IR at the start of the season so Evan Royster another 6th round pick got a lot of work. Darrell Young did a great job of blocking for Morris and showed good hands in the passing game.

They won’t add anyone at running back as with Helu coming back they have one of the deepest group in the NFL but they have got to resign Young to a long term deal!

Wide Receivers

Now the Redskins added Josh Morgan and Pierre Garcon last season. Morgan didn’t do much but Garcon became Griffin favourite target and the Skins were a more dangerous team with him in the line-up Santana Moss got 8 TD catches but at 34 you have to wonder how much he got in the tank at this point Hankerson and Robinson are second year receiver who sadly haven’t progressed how I would have liked. Hankerson in particular has been disappointing he needs a big year or else I think he will be dumped. Dez Briscoe didn’t offer match either and I think he won’t be on the roster next year and then there Brandon Banks who lost his role as a returner.

Yes they will how early they add a rookie is the big question. I would think around round 4 and 5 they look to add someone I don’t see Banks back so maybe a speedster for the return game who can learn to play the slot behind Moss.

So yeah that was Part 1

Next time we will look at Tight End as well as the Offensive and Defensive lines

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

cool. good stuff.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good stuff!

Redskins need a WR IMO and depth. Lots of quality depth.