Do The Redskins Needs? Part 3

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by PSID412USM, Feb 13, 2013.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Welcome to the final part of do the Redskins needs where I talk about what the Redskins may need to add!

Linebackers
    The Redskins lost it best defensive star for the second straight season. Brian Orakpo was lost in week 2 and the Skins suffered because of it hopefully he has a bounce back season. Ryan Kerrigan showed once again the Redskins made the right decision taking him over Blaine Gabbert. Former seventh round pick Rob Jackson did a nice job stepping for Orakpo. At inside linebacker London Fletcher once again starred. Perry Riley also played well sadly Keenan Robinson got hurt so we couldn’t see the rookie in action hopefully we see what he can do next season

So will the Skins add anyone?
    The Skins will likely need depth as I feel Jackson will get a nice deal somewhere else while special teamers Alexander and Wilson are free agents too but they may come back. I’ll think they may add depth late in the draft but we will see.

Secondary
    Without question the secondary was the biggest weakness of the Skins in 2012. The cornerbacks were weak. DeAngelo Hall once again couldn’t be consistent! Josh Wilson is ok Cedric Griffin was a free agent dud. Then there was the safety play which was about as hard to watch as Vince Russo TNA booking I mean when your best safety is Reed Doughty you know things are bad. Hell they signed Tanard Jackson, Brandon Meriweather and Madieu Williams but Jackson got suspended, Meriweather looked good for the half a game he played and Williams got nothing.

Yeah they are going to have add a few places Griffin, Jackson and Williams won’t be back as they are free agents and shouldn’t be resigned! They added Joseph Murray a former third round pick so it will be interesting to see how he does in camp. There a couple of interesting free agent opinions like Aqib Talib and Keenan Lewis! Dashon Goldson William Moore and Glover Quin would be nice free agent pick-up at safety! The team will also add a couple of high draft pick here too.

Special Teams

For years it’s seems like we couldn’t find a good kicker it seemed like the luck has finally charged with Kai Forbath as he could actually make kicks. Sav Rocca's is a free agent and frankly I be glad if he gone he wasn’t that good and Nick Sundberg did a ok job at a long snapper so.

They need to add a punter and there is a few opinions Kevin Huber, Reggie Hodges, Pat McAfee or Dustin Colquitt would be nice adds or maybe Ryan Allen or Jeff Locke if we get some late round Comp picks in the draft

So yeah that the Redskins roster and my thoughts

Next time I look at who I would take in the draft. So get ready for some laughs

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

not gonna spend a lot of money on free agents outside the team cause the money ain't there!

3. GreenFish11

GreenFish11 Special Teamer

If the team can stay healthy, it will be an exciting team. I would like to see them make moves in the secondary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Moore will get tagged, but I do think Safety needs to be addressed. Dougherty isn't horrible, but they need a feared player back there with only passable CBs

Sent from my HTC Vivid

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I'm all for dumping hall,but i do not what his cap hit is!? they got bernstine coming back,but they need to find a cheap cb,and they should go after rambo,the safety from georgia who reminds me a lot of a younger sean taylor. i would not mind them going after spencer from dallas at lb,and i think they should franchise orakpo to see if he can still play at a high level from his injury last season,carriker too!