Dolphins Coaches Asked OG Richie Incognito To Toughen Up Jonathan Martin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Nov 5, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Miami Dolphins' coaches asked player Richie Incognito, who was the offensive line's undisputed leader, to toughen up teammate Jonathan Martin after he missed a voluntary workout last spring, at least two sources told the Sun Sentinel.

The sources told the paper they believe that Incognito, who is accused of using racially incendiary language and bullying tactics against Martin, may have taken those orders too far.

Source: Sun Sentinel

SteveRobWhatever's Take: May have taken those orders too far? He went overboard and a scandal resulted over it. Philbin and his staff will obviously be in hot water if the NFL's investigation turns up any evidence that suggests the Dolphins coaching staff has anything to do with Incognito's bullying.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah... They'll be in deep doo doo.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The gate is about to open.

4. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

mission failed. you made him into a big ole gaping cat.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

And there it is. This is now going to turn into a huge mess for the entire organization and many people are going to have some splainin to do.

The fact that the phins had Richie on their leadership council should have been a big clue that the coaches played some role

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Yep

Took a strangely long time for them to 'get involved' & find the facts. It'll end up that they knew & condoned this.

They may be able to say they didn't know the particulars but saying 'sic him' to Icognito means they expected results no matter how he handled it.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I predict that when the smoke clears from this, Incognito, Martin, and Philbin are all going to be out of a job.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Why would you come out and admit that? Martin may end up being cut,but he has just won himself a huge payout from the dolphins. Somebody will be the scapegoat in the dolphins organization for this,and it will not be a player.

9. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

The the Phins might be missing a few draft picks from this.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why didn't Martin tell a coach or someone in management that this was going on? He left the team for unknown reasons...Philbin at the time, didn't know why he left. It didn't come out until later...right?

Not that the "bullying" was right or okay in anyway, but why didn't Martin report it immediately or go through the proper channels before up and leaving?

I heard today that the thing that set him off the edge was that everyone got up from the lunch table and left him alone when he sat down because he was the last one to sit. Something the Dolphins do all the time. Something that Martin has been a part of. Philbin has even been nailed on this prank by players and coaches and told to enjoy his lunch alone.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I read the same thing that when Martin sat down, the other Dolphins got up and left. That, apparently, was the last straw for Martin.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

But that is something the Dolphjns team has done for years...at least since 2002 and something that Martin had participated in himself to other players.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Seems as this dudes mind set was not on football or he's just not mentally tough idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think he's considered giving up football in the past before this even occurred

15. CaptainStubing

if this is true and martin just really doesn't want to play in the nfl anymore and he is just going to take down a guy he didn't like in the process and take away his livelihood over a personal vendetta, then that's pretty crapty.

16. CaptainStubing

the new twist to this story is saying that Martin approached Jeff Ireland to say he was being bullied and Ireland told him to punch richie.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

As each day passes more info is coming out and it really is kinda difficult to discern what the truth really is. Been watching Mike & Mike this morning and the overwhelming opinion by current and former O-Linemen, including one with the 'Phins, is that Philbin is outright lying and that he and the coaching staff are doing nothing more that CYA. Former Dolphins OL Lydon Murtha said the coaching staff absolutely knew what was going on. Mark Schlereth made a good point and finds it impossible to believe that Philbin knew absolutely nothing when he's got a player who misses 2 of 14 OTA's and happens to be playing the first or second most important position on the roster? As head coach, you're gonna make it your business to find out what the hell is going on and that means you or someone on your staff is gonna talk with the player.

I gotta believe people like this over current teammates who are doing nothing more themselves than CYA as they would be complicit if proven otherwise. This whole thing just gets messier by the day.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ireland is an idiot if that is true.

I tend to agree with you. I just find it hard to believe that no one knew this was going on...

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Great take.

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Hell the water boy probably knew what was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk