Dolphins' Ross Says Super Bowl Will Not Happen Overseas

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by 86WARD, May 23, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

At a time when questions persist regarding the possibility of a Super Bowl being played in a country other than the United States, the newest NFLowner recently went on record to state, unequivocally, that the Super Bowl won't be exported like a box of Art Vandelay's long matches. "Moving the Super Bowl [overseas], that's not going to happen at all,"Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen M. Ross told Bob Papa and Randy Cross of Sirius NFL Radio's The Opening Drive on May 21. "That will stay within the borders of the United States. I think you can even just see by the league bringing back the Pro Bowl [to the U.S. mainland] this year just seeing if it really works here is really a testament to showing that football is really America's game. I think the Super Bowl will certainly stay in the United States. I wouldn't look for that to move." So look for Ross and the owners of the other franchises that routinely jockey for the privilege of hosting the Super Bowl to band together in opposition to a London Super Bowl, if/when the possibility ever appears to have legs.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Steve wants things to happen in Margaritaville.

3. Dfence

Dfence Special Teamer

That was always going to need the game growing from being a US based game to having teams elsewhere in the world competeing. Now, that's probably a minimum of 20 years away from even starting to happen (at the closest) so he's right in the short and medium term.

But never say never....